- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
After seeing the Visitor Center, return to your coach and proceed to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located about halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300m). Take in the shrines, torii gates and shops that sell souvenirs, along with views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). Soak in the invigorating atmosphere of 5th Station; you might even spot some climbers preparing for their adventure. Then have time for lunch. You can choose the upgrade that includes a Japanese-style lunch, or have the option to buy your own meal.
After having a bite to eat, drive to nearby Lake Ashi, located in Hakone National Park. Step aboard your boat for a short cruise across the lake. Admire the spectacular scenery of pristine waters surrounded by Mt Komagatake, Mt Fuji and other mountains.
Disembark from the boat and head to the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that takes you from the shores of Lake Ashi to the top of Mt Komagatake. Have time to walk around the mountain top and take in amazing views of Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and majestic Mt Fuji.
After visiting Hakone, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo, where your guide will tell you how to get back to your hotel.
This tour also offer a discounted option with pickup at Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku for direct transfer to Mt Fuji without stopping at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. This Shinjuku direct departure option allows you to spend more time at Mt Fuji. Please select
"Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" (Code: F800KP) at checkout for this option.
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome Hotel, ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 9:00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- 8:30am from Keio Plaza Hotel
From April to November the estimated arrival time is between 6:40pm to 8:10pm
From December to March the estimated arrival time is between 5:40pm to 7:10pm
Arrival time is subject to change depending on the traffic conditions of the day
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup+Lunch
If you'd like to be picked up at Keio Plaza Hotel, select this option and choose Keio Plaza Hotel at checkout. Japanese style lunch included
USD $170.23Pricing details
If you’d like to be picked up from one of the locations listed under Pickup Locations in “Departure Point”, select this option and choose that location at checkout. Japanese style lunch included
USD $174.49Pricing details
If you’d like to be picked up from one of the locations listed under Pickup Locations in “Departure Point”, select this option and choose that location at checkout. Japanese style lunch not included
USD $159.08Pricing details
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- One-way bus ride
- One-way bullet train (Shinkansen) ride to Tokyo Station
- Free Wi-Fi access on bus
- Pickup at select locations only (please refer to "Departure Point" or "Directions" for listed locations)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt. Komagatake Ropeway
- Food (only if you select tour option “Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup + Lunch” (F800KP) or “Pickup + Lunch” (F800))
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (if you select tour option “Pickup Only” (F800W))
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- If you'd like to be picked up at Keio Plaza Hotel, you MUST select tour option "Keio Plaza Hotel Pickup + Lunch" and also select "Keio Plaza Hotel" from the drop-down list at checkout
- If you'd like to be picked up at other listed locations, please select tour option “Pickup + Lunch” or “Pickup Only” and also select that location from the drop-down list at checkout
- If you don’t select a specific pickup location from the drop-down list at checkout, your pickup location will be defaulted to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- Dress Code: Bringing a coat or additional warm clothing is recommended especially in the spring, autumn and winter
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat, and meals are not included
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advised at time of booking
- When returning to Tokyo, the guide may not ride the coach or bullet train with you. In this case, you will be provided with information in advance on how to return to your hotel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Barbara P, August 2016
Great way to see Mt Fuji AND experience the bullet train when you only have a limited time available. And although Mt Fuji was in the cloud while we were there, it cleared enough to get some good shots from Lake Ashi stop later in the day despite the odds against it.
Reviewed by: Azra, Australia, August 2016
This is a tour that should not be missed while in Japan. everything ran like a clock work. one thing i like about Japanese culture is the precise timing , i can see as to why that is necessary with such a large population as in Tokyo. from the moment we were picked up at the hotel by a luxury coach and taken to the bus station for a ride to Mt Fuji. our tour director was Noriko and all i can say she was so professional and informative about the places we were at and where we were going to, she thought us how to count in Japanese and explained all about the bento box a very balanced lunch box I'm getting one definetly . i wish we can have her on our next trip to Japan. it was unfortunate that it was foggy and rainy that day so we couldn't see the top of mt Fuji but we did see hundreds of people preparing for a long climb to top of Mt Fuji, something that every person in Japan feels they should do at least once in their life time if not every year. after that we had a traditional Japanese lunch and yes you do have to take your shoes off, so make sure you don't have any holes in them. it was delicious if you are adventurous to try something different and apt to the place where you are. fortunetly for all of us later in the day we did see Mt Fuji from Mt Komagatake.. drive through Hakone, the boat ride and also the ropeway was so panoramic all the way from where you could see the beautiful lake Ashi and a golf course to die for. i couldn't understand the people that were sleeping all the way and missing the luscious forests, rice paddies and just seeing Japan nature,it was fantastic. as we were couple of hours late for a day trip on the bullet train back to Tokyo we had to do it at night so we couldn't see anything outside. at the speed of 330km an hour i don't think we could have seen much anyway. it was a very pleasant and comfortable journey and would recommend it to everyone. thank you Noriko for taking care of us and making sure we new how to get back home.