- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- All entrance fees included
- Ideal choice for families
Afterward, enjoy a wine tasting at the Phillip Island Winery. The winery is set in a beautiful rural location with views over Bass Strait and Berry’s Beach. Enjoy a personalized guided tour and indulge in the tastes of various cheeses and other local products including olives, olive oils, honey, chutney and cherries to match the locally produced wines.
Continue to the southwestern tip of the island to enjoy panoramic views of the Nobbies, a group of rugged rocks rising from the sea, and Seal Rocks, the home of Australia's largest fur seals population.
At dusk every evening the world's smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You will be seated in the main viewing area to watch the parade of waddling penguins. To make this experience even more unforgettable, upgrade to either the Penguins Plus or the Private Penguin Parade Experience. See below for more details.
Please note: This is the tour's new itinerary as of April 1, 2016.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Melbourne hotels
12pm (November – March)
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Standard Penguin Parade
See the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from public boardwalks and viewing stands. No maximum number of people
USD $104.76Pricing details
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Unique up-close and interactive penguin viewing with commentary by an eco-qualified ranger. Excellent penguin viewing from wooden seating and boardwalks. Max. 150 people
USD $124.16Pricing details
Guided Ranger Tour
Small group ranger guided interpretive experience including priority seating on the beach in front of the general viewing area
USD $147.44Pricing details
Phillip Island Penguin Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small group tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan fitted with free WIFI
- Moonlit Sactuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Food and wine tasting at The Phillip Island Winery
- Sightseeing at Nobbies and Seal Rocks
- Entry to the famous Penguin Parade
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- iPods audio language translators are provided for use and must be requested at time of booking
- Please Note: Photography of any kind is not permitted at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Please note: Children under the age of 12yrs are not able to join the Guided Ranger Tour. Please choose either the Penguin Plus or Standard Penguin Parade
See the Penguin Parade from an exclusive viewing platform. Located in an area that always experiences high penguin traffic, the Penguins Plus boardwalk seats half the number of people than the main viewing platform. About 50-60% of the penguins arrive close to the Penguins Plus boardwalk, meaning more penguins and fewer people!
Guided Ranger Tour
This small group ranger-guided interpretive experience includes a priority seating position on the beach in front of the general viewing area.
Phillip Island penguins seasonal cycle:
Feb - Apr: Molting
May - Jul: Nest Building
Aug - Oct: Egg laying
Nov - Jan: Chick Feeding
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: junegsj, September 2016
Easy, relaxing and unrushed. Perfect if you and #39;re travelling with children or elderly. I went alone and still enjoyed it since I didn and #39;t expect it to be action-packed. Moonlit Sanctuary is smaller than many other bigger places to see animals, but good enough. Penguins are cute and worth seeing.
Reviewed by: Paul H, August 2016
This tour was amazing!