Book this tour and save 5% compared to booking each attraction separately!
- Skip the line
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free drinks included
Visit the famed basilica of St Mark's with skip-the-line admission, without having to stand in long queues! At the Scuola di San Marco, learn about the medieval trade schools of Venice that provided the foundations for the great mercantile empire of Venice.
Leaving the crowds behind, enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways, alleys and meandering canals punctuated by delicate bridges as you further explore the enchanting city with your guide. Explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic palaces, and view Marco Polo's house as well as an old merchant's warehouse and the city’s most beautiful wellhead.
Complete your walking tour near the Rialto Bridge, and enjoy free time before your boat tour of the Grand Canal begins. (Depending on the season, your boat tour will start between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Your guide will provide details of the exact meeting location and time after the walking tour.)
Next, enjoy a relaxing one-hour cruise along the Grand Canal of Venice via water taxi. Along the way you will learn the history of the stunning palaces and churches that line the famous canal, as well as hear anecdotes about the famous people who have resided on Venice's most important ‘street.’ During the second half of your boat tour, discover the minor canals of Venice and soak up the romantic atmosphere.
Please note: St Mark's Basilica is free of charge to enter and we guarantee that you'll skip any long lines as part of this tour. Venice is subject to flash floods and occasionally the Basilica is closed to the public (without notice) because of high water or festivities.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour commences from the entrance to the Royal Gardens (Giardini ex Reali) near San Marco Square
Concludes near the Rialto Bridge
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
Tour departs at 11:10am.
Tour departs at 1:45pm
2pm Departure on Sunday
Tour departs at 2pm on Sunday
Grand Canal of Venice
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-lines entry to St Mark's Basilica
- Walking tour (2 hours)
- Grand Canal boat tour (1-hour)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable
- Occasionally the basilica will be closed to the public (without notice) because of festivities or high water
- It is possible to take the walking tour and boat tour separately (over a couple of days). Please specify the date for each tour at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- In condition of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip the line entrance will remain closed
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark’s basilica are valid from 1st April until 31st October – From 1st November to 31st March due to less affluence to St Mark’s Basilica , this service is not provided by the church to all operators and individual travellers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: arthurgrice2, December 2016
This tour is quick but perfect for Venice! You are told a lot and shown the highlights that if you would like to see more of, you can easily return! After the boat ride tour, there was no need to overpay for a gondola ride. We very much enjoyed our time in Venice and the tour helped!
Reviewed by: Leanne C, November 2016
The boat tour was amazing. With only 6 passengers in the water taxi, I was able to stand at the back and not be jostled by other tourists. Francesa is a very knowledgeable guide, and the walking tour took me to parts of Venice that I hadn't visited previously.