- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You’ll also have time to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology to the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat. There are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels, from gentle strolls to fairly strenuous treks around the park area. All of the paths allow you to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of this protected natural park. For even more views, take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car (own expense), or simply savor the vistas from the café.
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat and head to Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, the center of Spain’s cava country. Embark on a cellar tour and a visit to a winery. This will, of course, be accompanied by a tasting so you can find out exactly why cava has acquired such international fame.
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Montserrat and Cava Trail Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee (approx. 7 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On certain weekends and during July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: pam219, May 2016
Anna was an excellent guide. Even though it was a rainy foggy day she kept the tour interesting. Her choice of restaurant for lunch was our best meal of the week!
Reviewed by: Catherine H, October 2015
We had a wonderful day. Feliciano was a brilliant guide - we were so lucky to have him. His English was fluent and he was extremely knowledgeable. He tailored the day specifically to our needs. We will strongly recommend him to friends visiting the area.