The tour is perfect for those who prefer to explore independently. Discover the dazzling royal residence of Versailles, the largest and most sumptuous ever built by a reigning monarch and surrounded by gardens and parklands. Transfers from Paris, entrance fees to the gardens, Versailles and the Grand Royal Apartments are included.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
In 1661, following Louis 14th orders, building started on what became the most prestigious residence amongst all the courts of Europe. The palace and gardens were designed by architects and decorators who are still famous today, such as Le Vau, Mansart and Le Notre.
During the coach drive to Versailles, you will be offered an audio commentary (available in French, English, Spanish, Germany, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Japanese, Danish and Chinese-Mandarin) describing the various facets of court life under the reign of Louis 14th, the "Sun King". It will help you through the unguided visit to the Chateau and the gardens.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Morning departure : 8am
Afternoon departure : 2pm
Winter (November 1 - March 31)
Morning departure : 8:45am
Afternoon departure : 2 pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Departure Summer
Tour departs at 8am April to October
Morning Departure Winter
Tour departs at 8:45am November to March
Tour departs at 2pm all year round
Versailles Independant Day
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees for the gardens and the Grand Royal Apartments
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You do not receive priority entry on this tour, you will have to queue for entry at Versailles.
- There are Entrance fees to Versailles Musical Gardens
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.