- Fully narrated tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Stop at Cambridge to tour world-famous Harvard University. Stroll through Harvard Yard, see the huge Widener Library, and rub the shoe of the statue of John Harvard for good luck. Pass by two other institutions of higher learning — the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Cambridge College.
Next, cross the Charles River into Boston and view the majestic Trinity Church in Copley Square. Then, follow along the 2.5-mile (4-km) Freedom Trail, a mostly brick path that leads to 16 historical sites including Faneuil Hall, the site of the Boston Massacre, the USS Constitution and Boston Common. Break for lunch (not included) at Quincy Market, where you can sample local favorites such as clam chowder and lobster rolls.
After lunch, spend more time exploring the USS Constitution and head to the site of the infamous Boston Tea Party. Throughout your tour, learn all about Boston's historical legacy and contemporary culture from your knowledgeable guide. In late afternoon, reboard your minivan for the trip back to New York. Your action-packed, 13-hour day trip to Boston concludes with your return to midtown Manhattan.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Boston Freedom Trail Day Trip
Full day tour to Boston from New York City
The Constitution Ship, Boston
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing of Boston
- Wifi on bus only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.