Visit the Ayutthaya temples on a cultural day trip from Bangkok, it's a highlight of any Thailand visit. The tour to the ancient capital of Siam includes a trip by riverboat, a must-do activity when you're in Bangkok, with close-up views of the temples and historic sites that line the Chao Phraya River
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
The Unesco World Heritage site of Ayutthaya is 53 miles (85 kilometers) north of Bangkok. Ayutthaya was a thriving Siamese kingdom from 1350 until 1767, when it was captured by the Burmese. Today, Ayutthaya is know for its spectacular ruins and temples. Many of its temples are still intact, such as Wat Phra Sanphet, Wat Mongkhon Bophit, Wat Panangcherng and Wat Chai Mongkol, known for its large bronze statue of the Reclining Buddha.
You will also see the summer palace of King Rama IV with its mixture of Thai, Chinese and Gothic architecture. The palace is a well-preserved 'museum', providing a glimpse into a time when Thailand was known as Siam.
On your full-day guided excursion from Bangkok you will visit Thailand's former ancient capital by van and returning to Bangkok by boat. During the boat cruise from Ayutthaya you will see temples such as Wat Arun lining the Chao Phraya River.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Bangkok city hotels 30 - 60 minutes prior to the following departure time
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to the temples
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Return riverboat trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- When visiting temples visitors should ensure they are suitably dressed. No short pants or sleeveless tops, as a general rule knees and shoulders should be covered
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.