Ask anyone who has been to Bangkok what their 'must see' list of the city entails, and without fail they'll include The Grand Palace. This half-day sightseeing tour in Bangkok can be taken in the morning or afternoon and will allow you the opportunity to explore the complex, accompanied by a local guide. The Grand Palace Complex is home to a number of attractions including Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha).
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
Built in traditional Thai architecture mixed with European designs, The Grand Palace complex, once the official home for the Kings of Siam, is unquestionably one of the Thailand's major tourist highlights. The King still uses the Grand Palace for certain ceremonial occasions and the regal flavor within its enormous royal grounds is still evident. During the tour you will visit the Royal Funeral Hall and the Royal Coronation Hall.
The main centerpiece of the complex however is the 45 centimeter Emerald Buddha. Carved from just one piece of Jade it is the holiest and most revered religious object in Thailand. The Emerald Buddha is housed within Wat Phra Kaew, which is a very ornately decorated building whose roof tiles reach up into the sky.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Tour of Bangkok's Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew
Afternoon Tour of Bangkok's Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew
Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress Code: There are strict dress codes for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. If you show up at the front gate improperly dressed, there is a booth near the entry that can provide clothes to cover you up properly. You must leave your passport or credit card as security.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.