- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Then continue your drive up the mountain, admiring the stunning scenery as you make your way to the 5th station, the highest point on Fuji that can be reached by vehicle. Hop out for 30 to 40 minutes of free time to enjoy the views, take photos, browse the gift shop or visit one of the restaurants, if you wish.
The second half of your day trip begins as you head to Aokigahara Forest, aka the Sea of Trees, located at the base of Mt Fuji. Known for its unusual topography due to its volcanic makeup, the forest is home to above-ground tree roots, exposed lava flows, scattered chunks of volcanic rock and caves created by volcanic gas that collected below the ground and then exploded.
With your guide, enter the Narusawa Ice Cave, covered year-round by ice. This cave is off-limits to the public, so you’re only allowed to enter with your guide. Walk carefully over the wet, uneven, sometimes-icy surfaces, marveling at the ice formations deep in the cave.
When you leave the cave, you’ll be dropped off at the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park bus stop, where you’ll catch the bus back to Tokyo. Your bus ticket is provided by your guide, and your seat is already assigned and reserved, so don’t worry about waiting in line. While you wait for the bus, you can buy souvenirs or snacks at the concession stand, or check out the amusement park entrance, which is home to a large gift shop where you can buy candy and local wine or even enjoy a round of bowling (you may have an hour or more of wait time, depending on when you leave the cave).
The approximate 2-hour bus ride ends in Tokyo’s Shinjuku precinct, a vibrant shopping and entertainment area that will be busy and lively when you arrive — a great way to end your night!
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions, as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mt Fuji and Aokigahara Forest Day Trip from Tokyo
- Coach ride from Tokyo to Mt Fuji
- Bus ride from Fuji Highland park to Shinjuku, Tokyo, or Ikebukuro Station (depending on the bus status on the day of travel)
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Local guide (guide service ends after ice cave tour in Aokigahara Forest)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes with rubber soles for walking in the caves and also bring a light jacket
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please note: Hotel pickup is available only from select hotels in Tokyo (please refer to Departure Point for details). Please select the hotel at checkout. If your preferable hotel is not listed, please go to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- The tour may conclude at Shinjuku, Tokyo, or Ikebukuro Station depending on the bus status on the day of travel
- In the rare instance when the cave visit is canceled, alternative touring arrangements will be offered
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Alison W, August 2016
Our guide was wonderful. That wind/ice cave was a really great place to be in the highest heat of summer. It was mystical, dark, beautiful and everything we expected.
Reviewed by: Nicholas F, August 2016
It was fun getting there. Mt. Fuji was covered in fog though. We went to the Ice Caves. The only issue was the ride back. We had to make multiple stops and traffic was bad. I would have like an express ticket with no hassles. Our bus was late. We musta waited 1hr The good thing is that they ordered tickets in advance. Our ice cave tour guide was awesome. Please share my email address with him!