- Excellent value for money
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
If your hotel is not centrally located, please go to the meeting point close to Piazza della Repubblica.
Please contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time
Meeting point at: 7:15am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
4 Star Hotel English
Accommodation in a 4 Star Hotel in Sorrento.
USD $340.32Pricing details
4 Star Superior Hotel English
Code: 4 STARSUP
Accommodation at Imperial Tramontano Hotel in Sorrento with welcome drink.
USD $405.14Pricing details
5034ROM16 - 2-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- City tax
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Dress code for dinner is smart casual
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If three adults are traveling together, please book one single and one double room, otherwise the booking will be received as triple room and all customers will be accommodated in a triple room
- Maximum of 3 people per room and only one room per booking. In the case of 3 adults and 1 child two separate rooms will need to be booked
- Please note: from Nov 1st to Mar 31st this tour will not visit Capri island on Day 2. The excursion is replaced with a day of free time in Sorrento
Leave your central Rome hotel in the morning, and travel by coach toward sunny Naples — your first destination. Arrive in Naples by late morning, and take a panoramic view of the lively city and its beautiful bay.
Travel inland to Pompeii, and after lunch visit the UNESCO-listed archeological site with your guide. Hear how Pompeii lay buried under volcanic ash for centuries following Mount Vesuvius’ 79 BC eruption as you explore the Roman ruins.
Return to your coach and travel to the Amalfi Coast, where you'll check in to your Sorrento hotel in time for dinner.
Overnight: Standard accommodation Hotel Michelangelo o GH Vesuvio or similar/ 4 star superior Hilton Sorrento Palace or similar
Day 2: Sorrento – Capri – Rome
Enjoy breakfast, and then travel from Sorrento port to the island of Capri by hydrofoil boat. Hop aboard a rowing boat at Capri’s Marina Grande harbor, and relax as your guide rows you around the island to see the magical Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra). This cave is said to have sunk since prehistoric days, blocking out most of its entrances. Light entering from an underwater cavity combines with the trickle of light from its only entranceway, giving the water its vivid blue effect.
Return to Marina Grande and travel by minibus to the village of Anacapri, perched high above its glamorous Capri town neighbor. Explore at leisure, admiring the wisteria-draped villas with sun-bleached stucco, and look out over the Bay of Naples.
Head back down the hill and visit one of Capri town’s traditional restaurants, enjoying a lunch as delicious as the Mediterranean views. Walk it off on a stroll, passing through Capri’s Piazzetta (Piazza Umberto) — Capri’s place to see and be seen. Board another hydrofoil boat in the late afternoon to travel back to mainland Italy, and then hop aboard your air-conditioned coach for the journey back to Rome. Finish your 2-day tour with a central Rome drop-off in the evening.
Please note: The Blue Grotto trip is subject to good weather conditions. In the event of storms or heavy rain, your tour visits Faraglioni (a rocky inlet) instead.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: joynyu, January 2017
We had different tour guides but all of them are good. Simon for Capri, Vittorio for Pompeii, and Joie in Sorrento. All of them took good care of us and their instructions and narrations were crystal clear. Too bad we weren't able to see the Blue Grotto due to water was choppy. Hotel Tramontano in Sorrento was a good choice. Breakfast with a great view of Mt. Vesuvius and the staff are well-trained and kind. This tour is highly recommended specially for people who doesn't have the time to research where to go, what to do, and afraid to go around places.
Reviewed by: Elise F, December 2016
Didn't get to Capri. Was extra, which I didn't know. But the tour is worth it. Sorrento is beautiful. The hotel accommodations were great there. The Pompeii tour is a bit long for a non-archeologist. Everything was seamless. Pickup and drop offs.