Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Walking through the Great Court into the Great Hypostyle Hall, it's hard not to be overwhelmed by the 134 columns towering above you like an ancient forest. At the rear of the complex you will find the sacred lake where centuries ago pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were purified. After a tour of the complex, you will have additional free time to explore at leisure.
Continue to Luxor Temple which was once joined to the Temples of Karnak by a two-kilometer long Avenue of Sphinx, a portion of which marks the entrance to the temple. Dominated by statues of the great warrior pharaoh Ramses II, Luxor Temple has survived Nile floods, foreign invasion and thousands of years exposed to the elements.
A pure Egyptian temple, the inner walls and columns are decorated with intricate hieroglyphics which your guide will help you decipher. Find out how Alexander the Great wrote himself into Luxor Temple's history, and see one of the original pair of obelisk, the second of which now stands on the Place de la Concorde in Paris.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the temples during the tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Luxor hotels or Luxor Port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Enjoy the services of a private guide at Karnak Temple, Luxor
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Teresa, United States of America, March 2016
Fantastic! Youla, our tour guide is the best!
Reviewed by: adi_a89, November 2015
Excellent trip, a great start to our holiday. Fantastic guide and history lesson throughout the Karnak and Luxor temple. Transport in private comfortable car.