- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
After hotel pickup from your central Hong Kong or Kowloon hotel, your full-day trip to mainland China starts with a 50-minute catamaran ride and coach trip to Shekou Industrial Zone. China's first Special Economic Zone and a former customs station, the area served as a base for foreign oil workers in the 1980s. On weekdays, outside school holidays, start with a visit to a kindergarten to meet local children for a glimpse of everyday life the city.
Afterward, it's on to Shenzhen Safari Park to see the Chinese panda, considered to be a national treasure. Located on lovely Xili Lake, the wildlife park is home to rare and nationally protected animals including Asian elephants, red-crowned cranes, Siberian tigers and — of course — pandas!
Once you’ve observed this cuddly creature up close, you'll visit a market (if time permits). Watch as the locals go about their daily shopping, and test out your bargaining skills if you decide to purchase any items.
Your visit to the Exhibition Hall in Shekou is a must! See a display of Qin Dynasty terracotta warriors and horses unearthed in Xian — acclaimed as the Eighth Wonder of the World. You'll also find bronze wares more than 2,000 years old, wall paintings, and porcelain and pottery from the Tang Dynasty, all unearthed in Xian. Listen as your guide describes the significance of the terracotta army sculptures, which date back to the 3rd century BC and were buried to protect Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.
Your coach tour continues to Guangzhou, the third largest city in China. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, embark on a city sightseeing tour of this bustling metropolis — the political, economic and cultural heart of Guangdong province. View highlights including the Six Banyan Tree Temple and the Memorial Hall of Dr. Sun Yat Sen as your guide informs your group about this important hub on the Pearl River.
Your day trip to mainland China ends with an accompanied return to Hong Kong by express train to Kowloon Station, followed by a Hong Kong Island transfer (if applicable) and drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking. This is required for your China group visa.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from your centrally located Kong Kong Island or Kowloon hotel
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour returns to original departure point at approximately 8:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
School kids were happy to try out their English on us, Panda Garden
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- One-way catamaran
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- One-way express train (Guangzhou to Kowloon Station)
- China group visa
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you have continuous journey to Mainland China after your Hong Kong trip, you must hold a multiple entry China visa. It’s your own responsibility to apply for multiple entry China visa prior to the trip
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.(Please make sure to provide 5 work days before the departure date)
- China Group Visa: Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking:
- Full Name as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry Date
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Frederick A, August 2016
We enjoyed this well-organised day tour into China. Overall, it was an highly informative and stimulating day. Prior details re visas and border crossings were handled efficiently we were picked up as arranged by our friendly guide, taken aboard the high-speed catamaran to Shenzhen where we boarded a bus with a well-informed local guide who told us all about the history and development of the area. Highlights were the pandas, the terracotta warriors, the authentic old market and artisans in Guangzhou, the impressive dim sum lunch at a restaurant you won't eat it all and the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. All finished off with a restful high-speed rail trip back to HK. Excellent value for money.
Reviewed by: ALAN M, July 2016
BRILLIANT DAY TRIP EVERYTHING AS EXPECTED