- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Hotel pickup included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs from your Chengdu hotel
4:30pm for dinner course
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am Lunch Cooking Course
The class starts at 10:30am and lasts for 2.5 to 4 hours, depending on the number of participants
USD $68.00Pricing details
4:30pm Dinner Cooking Course
The class starts at 4:30pm and lasts for 2.5 to 4 hours, depending on the number of participants
USD $68.00Pricing details
- Lunch or dinner, depending on option selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional chef
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be booked 12 hours in advance
- Course duration depends on number of participants
- If you'd like to learn to cook a Sichuan dish not on the menu, please request this dish in the Special Requirements box at time of booking; this cannot be guaranteed, but the chef will try to accommodate your request
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Elizabeth F, September 2016
Cooking class was very easy to follow and I am confident that I will be able to replicate dishes once I am back home.
Reviewed by: Drew R, March 2016
My boyfriend and I booked this about a day in advance. Samtours was quick to respond about arranging hotel pickup. The taxi driver was ontime and dropped us off at Holly's Hostel, which is close to Wuhouci and the Jinli walking street area. Some of the ingredients like tofu and green onions were pre-chopped and the garlic and ginger had already been peeled which made the cooking go fast. I took notes on the preparation and recipe as the instructor lead us through them. Each one took 15-20 minutes for the two of us to prepare and were delicious. We made mapo doufu, sweet and sour pork, kungpao chicken, and dumplings. The mapo dofu was my favorite and the sweet and sour pork was my bf's favorite. Looking at the hostel menu, we could have ordered these for about 100 RMB, but I definitely intend to make all of these again and the recipes are pretty simple and easy to follow, so I thought the tour was money well spent. We were done around noon this was the lunch session.