For a full day of alpine summer splendor, make for the mountains on this guided roundtrip from Zurich to central Switzerland's Mount Pilatus. Your full day guided tour includes a gondola and aerial cable car ride, the world's steepest cog-wheel railway and a cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Fully narrated tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Travel over Albis Pass and along the shores of Lake Lucerne until arriving in Lucerne. Disembark for a highlight tour of the city, including the Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge and Jesuit Church. Afterwards you will have approximately one hour at your leisure to stroll Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
You'll then continue to Kriens and board a panoramic gondola and aerial cable car to the top of Mount Pilatus at 7000 feet (2132 meters). Enjoy an hour and a half at your leisure admiring breathtaking views over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Venture down the Dragon's Path and make the short hike to the summit before descending Mount Pilatus to Alpnachstad by cog-wheel railway. At a gradient of 48% it is the world's steepest!
Your summer alpine adventures conclude with a picturesque boat ride across lovely Lake Lucerne before returning to Zurich where your tour ends.
The Golden Roundtrip (ascent by aerial cable car, descent by cogwheel train, return to Lucerne by boat) operates between early May and late October. Between late October and mid-November the aerial cable car is under maintenance. In this case you will travel up and down Mt. Pilatus by cogwheel train. The boat on Lake Lucerne operates from early May until late October - if you are traveling when the boat is no longer in operation you will return to Lucerne by train and receive a complimentary lunch instead.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available if you are staying in a selected Zurich hotel (these are noted on the voucher).
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Zurich
- Panoramic gondola and aerial cable-car (except during maintenance)
- Steepest cog-wheel railway in the world
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne (until October 18)
- A complementary lunch in the event the boat ride does not operate
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Time at leisure in Lucerne
- Hotel pick up (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants aged 0-5 travel free of charge but must be registered on your booking
- Please note that from October 19 to November 6, the tour will be operated by cogwheel train to ascend and descend Mt Pilatus due to maintenance work on the gondola and cable car
- Hotel pickup is only available for guests of the listed hotels. If you are staying elsewhere, go to the central departure point.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: zindha_ravi, October 2016
Awesome tour!! Highly recommend this... Will always relish this wonderful experience.
Our tour guide Minu Faber was also wonderful
Reviewed by: Kristine D, October 2016
Awesome tour. Great way to experience the beauty of Switzerland.