- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
As you make your way through the hilly and narrow streets, you’ll come across parts of the massive City Wall, or La Muralla, nearly 20 feet (6 meters) thick and up to 60 feet (18 meters) tall in certain places.
Next, travel with your guide to Cuartel de Ballajá, old Spanish military barracks from the 19th century, a three-level structure arranged around a large courtyard. Learn more about the impressive architecture and head up to Museo de las Américas, which occupies the second floor.
Inside, discover an excellent collection of art and anthropological exhibits relating to Puerto Rico and the Americas in general. Not all of the exhibits appear in English, but luckily, you will be provided with the information necessary to make this an engaging experience.
Browse through the museum’s collections on American indigenous tribes, including the Taíno, and work your way through the African Heritage wing and enlightening displays on colonization, slave trade and rebellion in Puerto Rico. In the Popular Arts section, you’ll find traditional folk art and wood carvings from all over the Americas.
Then, make a 30-minute stop at San Cristobal Fort, built in 1785 and the largest Spanish military structure in the New World. Learn more about its ingenious layout, its storied history in protecting the city from attack, and capture alluring views of San Juan Bay and 400-year-old El Morro Fort. Your tour ends with 30 to 45 minutes of shopping to then be dropped-off at your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Old San Juan Half-Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up is not provided from San Juan Cruiseship (port/dock). The closest hotel is the Condado Plaza.
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Sheraton Old San Juan Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan.
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Iris L R, July 2016
The tour was a lot of fun with very friendly staff.
Reviewed by: Dennis D, July 2016
Our tour guide, Hector, was great. Knowledgeable and very funny. A lot of walking and climbing combined with a lot of fantastic history. The National Art Museum and El Moro fort were the highlights of the tour.