- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
Stretch your legs and walk around the town, seeing highlights like the 14th-century Orvieto Cathedral – a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with a glistening façade of stained glass, mosaics and sculptures. Soak up Orvieto’s charms and admire the countless churches that are scattered around its center.
Return to your coach and travel through the rolling hills toward Umbria – Tuscany’s lesser known but just as captivating neighbor. Stop for lunch on the shores of Lake Trasimeno, and then continue to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi.
Famed as the birthplace of Italy’s Catholic patron saint, St Francis of Assisi, the sleepy little town documents all the highs and lows of his life. On a walking tour, see the stall where he was said to be born, his childhood home, and the spot where he pledged his life to his vocation. Hear of the town’s other, lesser-known saint, St Clare, who became one of St Francis’ first true followers. Visit the Convent of Santa Chiara, which is dedicated to her, before heading to Assisi's Basilica di San Francesco for a tour.
Other Assisi highlights include the town hall square, Piazza del Comune, with its turreted ‘palace’-- Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. Admire the Roman Temple of Minerva and then return to your coach for the journey south.
Before your tour ends, enjoy a final stop in the town of Santa Maria degli Angeli to see its beautiful basilica – a 9th-century church where St Francis reportedly worshiped. Head back to Rome and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Alternatively you can request hotel pick up ONLY for centrally located hotels (please contact the supplier for further info).
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Old houses and poppies in Orvieto, Umbria Italy
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: MICHAEL C, September 2016
This was a fantastic trip, lunch was excellent, the only hiccup was not enough time allowed to visit the sites
Reviewed by: Tom A, September 2016
Excellent guide in Assisi and a nice lunch