This VIP experience also includes a tour of two rooms in the State Apartments and the famous Hall of Mirrors as soon as the palace opens, before the majority of the crowd arrives. Your priority entrance ticket allows you to go straight inside the palace with your small group (maximum 16 people), beating most of the public to these rooms.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
Follow your guide to the State Apartments, where you’ll see two of the 17 rooms – the King’s Chamber and the Council Study. Then head to the fabulous Hall of Mirrors. Your group will be among the first of the general public to arrive at this famous room so you can enjoy the sumptuous setting in all its glory. Walk down the spectacular hall, lined with 357 mirrors that reflect the windows on the opposite wall.
Next, the exclusive part of your tour truly begins as you leave the crowd behind and pass through the velvet ropes into the palace’s restricted area. See the following Royal Quarters of Louis XV and Louis XVI:
- The library of Louis XVI, said to be one of his favorite rooms
- The dining room where Louis XV held dinners for lords and ladies
- The clock room with its clock that has a crystal globe showing the planets revolving around the sun
- The ‘corner room,’ which contains a cylinder desk belonging to Louis XV that is considered one of the most outstanding pieces of furniture in the world
The guided portion of your tour now ends, and your friendly guide will answer any questions you have. From here, you have a few options to complete your Versailles experience. You can explore the other 15 rooms that make up the public State Apartments independently. You can enjoy lunch at Angelina’s restaurant located inside the palace (own expense). Or you can head outside and enjoy the beautiful Gardens of Versailles – a 1,977-acre (800-hectare) oasis of groves, sculptures, labyrinths and fountains. Depending on the day of the week that you are at the palace, you may catch one of the summer musical events – either the Musical Gardens or the Musical Fountains Show (known as the Grandes Eaux musicales), both of which bring the gardens to life with classical music; see the Itinerary section below for more details.
The gardens are also home to La Petite Venise, a popular restaurant with a lovely terrace, located in the former stables by the Grand Canal. It is your choice if you’d like to eat here, but you must make your way here to meet your guide for the drive back to Paris.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
From November 5, 2016 to March 25, 2017 : 7:50am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
VIP Versailles Morning Tour
Morning VIP tour of Versailles departing Paris at 8am. Passengers should arrive at the departure point precisely at 7:50am.
1:15pm Visit (Departure at 12)
VIP tour of Versailles departing Paris at 12pm. Passengers should arrive at departure point precisely at 11:50am. Visit of the Chateau on arrival, followed by Gardens and Trianon Free visit.
3:30pm Visit (Departure at 12)
VIP tour of Versailles departing Paris at 12pm. Passengers should arrive at departure point precisely at 11:50am. Gardens and Trianon Free visit on arrival and then visit of the Chateau at 3:30 pm.
Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles Small-Group Tour with Private Viewing of the Royal Quarters
- Small-group tour (maximum 16 people)
- Coffee and croissant
- Priority entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the private Royal Quarters
- Professional guide
- Entrance to Versailles Musical Gardens (Tuesday) or Fountain Display (Saturday and Sunday) from April to October only
- Ticket for the Trianon (November to March only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with complimentary water for the journey
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pre-booking this tour gives you priority access to the Palace of Versailles. Please note: all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 10 minutes to clear security.
- Food is not allowed inside the Palace of Versailles
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is not suitable for anyone with reduced mobility
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to the nature of this special-access tour, the itinerary changes each time. Access to palace rooms varies and is based on availability. The order in which you visit the rooms may change and it is possible that you will see two of the 17 State Apartments plus the Hall of Mirrors at the end of your tour, not the beginning. On rare occasions, both the Royal Opera House and Chapel unexpectedly close due to private events or concerts. Because these itinerary changes are beyond our control, no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Please note: In the afternoon tour you have the option to visit the gardens or the Versailles castle first
Musical Gardens – Explore the Gardens of Versailles and its groves to the sounds of classical music.
Saturday and Sunday Versailles Gardens Ticket: Summer Opening Fountains Show
Musical Fountains Show (Grandes Eaux musicales) – Watch fountains come alive and spray water in sequence to the Baroque music of Jean-Baptiste Lully, a French composer who served in the court of Louis XIV. The display finishes at the Bassin de Neptune, often considered the palace's finest fountain.
Please note: These shows only run during the summer months from April to October. In the winter, you can still explore the gardens, but there will not be any musical or fountain displays. During the winter months (November to March) a ticket for the Trianon will be included in the tour so you can independently explore Marie-Antoinette's Estate.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Margaret A, September 2016
Excellent tour. Guides were very knowledgeable and approachable. Highly recommend.
Reviewed by: Ronald T, September 2016
This tour was well worth the additional expense. We saw numerous rooms that were otherwise not available to tourists. Our group of 16 were the only ones in these rooms when visiting them, making the tour live up to the private tour advertising a highly significant advantage in such a popular attraction. The docent who led the tour was remarkably knowledgeable about French history, able to answer questions about the intricacies of the French monarchy and society. The tour of the chateau began with gaining admission through a side door and away from the masses congregated at the gates. Following the tour, we enjoyed the gardens and, especially, the fountain displays coordinated with classical music. Be certain to select the day you go carefully if you wish to witness those displays, since they are offered only select days during the week. This was one of the best things we did during our Paris trip, even if it was the most expensive. It was a great value.