Approximately 60 Kilometers north of Chiang Mai, situated on the banks of the Ping River is Chiang Dao Elephant Camp. In an unspoiled setting, marvel at these colossal beasts of burden performing amazing feats of strength and skill, at the command of their "mahouts".
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Then follow an exhilarating elephant trek through the neighboring jungle, past bamboo trees and hanging creepers, upwards towards a remote Lisu hilltribe village. The Lisu hilltribe people originated in Tibet and their villages are usually located in the mountains around 1000 metres. Local lunch is provided.
Then comes the time for your relaxing bamboo raft trip along the Ping River. After visit some unspoiled hilltribe villages in Chiang Dao, such as, Karen, and Palaung Hilltribe Villages. If time permits, you may visit some other nearby hilltribe villages like, Akha, Lahu, and Lisu. On return to Chiang Mai, the journey continues by road to an Orchid Farm at Mae Sa.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chiang Mai Town Departure
Elephant Trek, Rafting & Hilltribe tour including pick up & drop off from Chiang Mai town hotels
USD $92.48Pricing details
Four Seasons Hotel Departure
Elepant Trek, Rafting & Hilltribe tour including pick up & drop off from the Four Seasons Hotel
USD $114.62Pricing details
Elephant Trek, Rafting and Hilltribe Village Tour from Chiang Mai
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- A minimum of 2 passengers are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Oliver Ajulian K, April 2016
Our guide was helpful.
Reviewed by: J M, March 2016
A truly amazing day, elephants were so clever and very well looked after, the rafting down the river was peaceful and just awesome....top day would recommend b