Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle Day Tour from Chiang Mai
A chance to visit the famous Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet! An early morning drive through beautiful scenery, with a stop at the Hot Springs at Maekajan, culminates in the chance to explore this world -famous spot, notorious for its opium trade!
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
From a viewpoint set high on the hillside, there are magnificent views over the Mae Khong River to the physical triangle made by Burma, Laos and Thailand at the confluence of the Ruak and Mekong River. For a small fee, you can also enjoy the boat ride to view the splendor of mighty Mae Khong River.
Continue on to Mae Sai, the farther-most northern trading border between Thailand and Burma, where local lunch is provided. On the return journey stops are made at Akha and Yao hilltribe villages.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Chiang Mai Town Area hotels and Four Seasons hotel
- Between 7:00am and 7:15am
Tour returns to your hotel at approximately 7:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chiang Rai Countryside
- Hotel pickup and drop off in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Rosemary S, July 2016
Excellent day ,highlight was the white temple and long neck village . Our guide was lovely ,a long day but gave us great insight into northern Thailand .
Reviewed by: Katherine P M, July 2016
We had a fantastic time! Our guide Makee and driver Bomie were great and very accommodating. We saw many amazing things and they were able to change the plan and see the hill tribe villages instead of boat trip to Laos. Everything was included that they promised, including lunch.