A chance to visit the famous Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet! An early morning drive through beautiful scenery, with a stop at the Hot Springs at Maekajan, culminates in the chance to explore this world -famous spot, notorious for its opium trade!
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
From a viewpoint set high on the hillside, there are magnificent views over the Mae Khong River to the physical triangle made by Burma, Laos and Thailand at the confluence of the Ruak and Mekong River. For a small fee, you can also enjoy the boat ride to view the splendor of mighty Mae Khong River.
Continue on to Mae Sai, the farther-most northern trading border between Thailand and Burma, where local lunch is provided. On the return journey stops are made at Akha and Yao hilltribe villages.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Chiang Mai Town Area hotels and Four Seasons hotel
- Between 7:00am and 7:15am
Tour returns to your hotel at approximately 7:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chiang Rai Countryside
- Hotel pickup and drop off in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Huey Suen T, September 2016
Nice tour guide and driver
Reviewed by: Lawlo, September 2016
Vich is the best tour guide same as the driver. We are well taken care. They are both helpful and Vich explains everything in detail. We enjoy the trip very much.