Chiang Dao Elephant Jungle Trek and Ping River Rafting Tour from Chiang Mai
For the truly adventurous! Approximately 37 miles north of Chiang Mai, situated on the banks of the Ping River, is Chiang Dao Elephant Camp. In an unspoiled setting, marvel at the worlds largest land animal, performing amazing feats of strength and skill, at the command of their 'mahouts'.
- Instant Confirmation
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Then follow an exhilarating elephant trek through the neighboring jungle, past bamboo trees and hanging creepers, upwards toward a remote Lisu hilltribe village. The Lisu hilltribe people originated in Tibet and their villages are usually located in the mountains around 3280 feet. Local lunch is provided. After lunch, you will enjoy a thrilling river rafting adventure down the Ping River.
On return to Chiang Mai, the journey continues by road to an Orchid Farm at Mae Sa. There is ample time to stroll around this scenic area where a picturesque forest waterfall can also be found.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Tour departs from Chiang Mai Town Area hotels and Four Seasons Hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chiang Mai Town Departure
Departs from hotels in Chiang Mai town area
USD $81.71Pricing details
Four Seasons Hotel Departure
Departs from Four Seasons
USD $101.55Pricing details
Chiang Dao Elephant Jungle Trek and Ping River Rafting Tour including Lunch
- Elephant trek
- River rafting
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Itinerary may be subject to change
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sook Wai Mabel C, July 2016
Love the itinerary, especially the river rafting, the view really take my breath away.
Reviewed by: Rebecca G, July 2016
This was an excellent trip and a really great deal! The day was packed full of fun activities, and we never felt rushed. We expected that we would be doing the rowing for the rafting segment, but it was actually a very nice slow float along the Ping River. The elephant ride was incredibly fun and relaxing. Lunch was great, and we even made an additional stop at our own cost to the Tiger Kingdom. An amazing day!