- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Day trip (destination A to B)
At Fräkmüntegg, hop aboard the aerial cableway — a spacious and modern cabin with panoramic windows designed to give the feeling of flight. Continue your climb to the summit at a dizzying altitude of 7,000 feet, and take in spectacular views over the Alpine peaks and lakes from your vantage point on the mountain.
During your free time atop Mt Pilatus, perhaps sit down to a high-altitude lunch among the peaks (own expense) or relax on the expansive sun terrace. Venture down the Dragon's Path and take the short hike around the summit to enjoy the amazing views.
Take the world's steepest cogwheel train down to Alpnachstad, descending past trickling mountain streams and sheer rock faces toward the verdant, green meadows below. On arrival, conclude your tour with a picturesque 1-hour boat ride across lovely Lake Lucerne and enjoy the spectacular scenery from an entirely different angle. Your tour finishes at the end of the cruise in Lucerne.
The Golden Roundtrip (ascent by aerial cable car, descent by cogwheel train, return to Lucerne by boat) operates between early May and late October. Between late October and mid-November the aerial cable car is under maintenance. In this case you will travel up and down Mt. Pilatus by cogwheel train. The boat on Lake Lucerne operates from early May until late October - if you are traveling when the boat is no longer in operation you will return to Lucerne by train and receive a complimentary lunch instead.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne
- Cable-car ride (except during maintenance)
- Cogwheel train ride (early May to mid November)
- Boat Ride on Lake Lucerne (6 May 2017 to October 22, 2017)
- A complementary lunch in the event the boat ride does not operate, which includes a meal voucher for the amount of CHF 20 per adult and CHF 10 per child exchangeable at Pilatus self-service restaurant
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants aged 0-5 years are free of charge but need to be registered on your booking
- The cable car will be closed for maintenance from October 23 to November 10, 2017; the ascent and descent of Mt Pilatus will be by cog-wheel train during this time
- The cable car operates subject to weather conditions. When the cable car does not operate, you will be transported up and down the mountain by cog-wheel train.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Richard F, January 2017
fabulous - brought back great memories for me...
Reviewed by: Dennis G, December 2016
Breathtaking. If you are in Lucerne this tour is a must, we were there in Sept 2016. Would love to go back in the winter season. Make sure you take your phone or camera. You won't see scenery like it again.