- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
Journey onward through Fort William, site of the military post built during the Jacobite Rebellions in the 18th century, and continue up the Great Glen between Fort William and Inverness. Take the time to capture the stunning Scottish Highlands scenery from the comfort of your coach as you travel.
Stop at Fort Augustus, by the shores of famous Loch Ness, and enjoy breathtaking views out over the loch. Pause for lunch by the waterside at your own expense, or enjoy a 1-hour boat cruise on the loch to appreciate the beautiful views from the water (not included). The boat has a sonar system, so if Nessie is down there you won’t miss her! Loch cruises run from Easter to the end of October.
Hop back aboard your minivan and continue on through the village of Spean Bridge to the Cairngorms National Park. Take in views of the spectacular Highlands scenery along the shores of Loch Laggan and marvel at Craig Meagaidh, one of the area’s impressive mountains. It is here that TV series Monarch of the Glen was filmed. Continue over the Drummochter Summit — where herds of red deer often graze — and visit the Victorian town of Pitlochry, the final stop for the day.
At the end of your time in Pitlochry, head back by minivan to Edinburgh where your tour will conclude.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- The chance to see "Nessie", the Loch Ness monster
- Modern Mercedes minivan with air conditioning (maximum 16 people)
- Loch Ness Cruise (approximately £12.50)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are opportunities to take short walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you have more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: THEODOROS M, August 2016
The nature was amazing, our guide Jonathan was a fantastic guy with lots of humor, provided useful information, he was an one man show behind the wheel!!!Lots of tips where to eat what, made the 12 - hour trip smooth and really interesting. Very well organised, maybe an addition of one more milestone stop would provided extra credits on this day trip!!!
Reviewed by: Marianne L, August 2016
Dave was a fabulous driver/tour guide. He had wonderful stories. Let us stop often to take photos, get something to eat and stretch our legs. His commentary was most interesting and thoroughly complete. He made the Scottish history and scenery come alive. I would recommend this tour to everyone. We had just come off a cruise and had been in 4 other countries. The Scottish Highland experience was my favorite.