Columbia Icefield Tour including the Glacier Skywalk from Banff
Admire lakes and glaciers on a full day tour from Banff to the Columbia Icefield. Ride the Ice Explorer and settle in as a local guide provides fascinating commentary of the starkly beautiful Alberta Rockies region. The road to the Columbia Icefields, one of the largest masses of ice south of the Arctic Circle, is universally regarded as one of the world's greatest mountain drives.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Led by a local guide
The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle. The Icefields Parkway runs from Banff National Park into Jasper National Park and is one of the most scenic drives in Canada.
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
On this guided tour learn about the unique ecosystem and the creation of the glaciers you experience on your way to the Columbia Icefield. After your ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer, there is time to visit the Glacier Gallery, restaurant or gift shop at the Icefields Centre. Return to Banff in the late afternoon
This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs (Motorcoach Entrance) - 8:05am
- Mount Royal Hotel (Motorcoach Entrance) - 8:15am
- Brewster Transportation Centre - 8:30am
*You must be at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to departure
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Admission to Glacier Skywalk
- Hot buffet lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise if accommodation has been arranged
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Francis D, July 2016
Everything on the trip went extremely well. The best part of the tour was the extremely knowledgeable and professional driver.
Reviewed by: James D, July 2016
When I first looked into booking this trip, I was taken back by the price. I then thought about it and thought it would bel worth the money. THIS WAS BY FAR THE BEST DECISION EVER! The whole trip left me speechless....it was AWESOME! WORTH EVERY PENNY! Bus driver very informative, lunch great....ice tour once in a lifetime experience. Loved it!