Visit Canada's famous glaciers on a full-day seasonal excursion from Banff. Your personalized small group tour takes you through an awe-inspiring landscape carved by glaciers and remnants from the last ice age, as you travel along the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic highways.
On your trip to Canada's glaciers, you'll hear stories of the early explorers who opened up these valleys. You'll enjoy an alpine picnic and visit the Columbia Icefields Centre, with the opportunity to join an exciting all-terrain tour onto Athabasca Glacier (included in the cost of the tour).
Highlights of the tour include:
- Lake Louise: A brief photo stop at the most famous lake in Canada
- Crowfoot Glacier: One of the day's many up-close glacier views
- Peyto Lake: The classic emerald green jewel of the Canadian Rockies
- Saskatchewan Crossing: A rest stop/coffee break
- Mountain picnic lunch: Enjoy a hearty lunch with your choice of sandwich at a scenic stop along the Icefields Parkway
- Bridal Veil Falls: Fantastic view over the Icefields Parkway and the falls
- Columbia Icefields: Venture onto the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer!
- Bow Lake: The headwaters of the mighty Bow River
This tour is seasonal, operating from April through to October.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Banff hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to the original departure point at approx. 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff
- Professional guide
- Picnic lunch
- Ice Explorer! Tour
- Use of binoculars
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Option 1: Rockies Club Sandwich (chicken, bacon, tomato, romaine lettuce, egg, bound in mayonnaise and served on a soft bun)
Option 2: Roast Beef and Monterey Jack Cheese (horseradish mayo on a soft bun)
Option 3: Vegetarian Wrap (red onion, plum tomato ragu sauce with baked egg plant and veggie cheese wrapped in a soft flour tortilla)
Gluten Free Option: Fresh Chicken Salad (romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato and green onions with dressing on the side)
Child Option: Classic peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich
(**Can be ordered without any of these ingredients)
Also Included: Fresh apple, cranberry juice, salted potato chips, cinnamon crunch muffin with cream cheese frosting (GF and Vegan options will have diet-friendly snack)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Lucy, United Kingdom, August 2016
Fantastic Tour. Our tour guide Ben was friendly and knowledgeable and even handed out bottles of water throughout the day. The glacier is a must see.
The lunch was delicious and fresh.
We really enjoyed our day.
Reviewed by: Lisa M, July 2016
Rose our driver was excellent . She was very knowledgable and it was obvious she loves the area. It and #39;s nice to know what you and #39;re looking at and the history of the area. We packed in a lot of sightseeing into the day. Smaller Bus size was a plus.