- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
As darkness descends and the crowds of the day disappear, you will feel as if you have Venice to yourself, with only the sounds of lapping water and your group’s echoing footsteps to accompany you.
Step down narrow passageways, trace silent canals and roam empty squares as your guide recounts six intriguing ghost stories and legends. Hear about the apparitions that stalk the city’s medieval palaces, listen to tales of strange sea creatures and shiver at the story of Venice’s 15th-century butcher, Biasio, who murdered children and added their limbs to his tasty stews.
Walk over flagstones that hide ancient underground cemeteries and delve down sidestreets to stumble across architectural follies such as the Fortuny Palace and Bovolo Staircase, an ornate stone spiral staircase. Hear ghostly tales about the staircase and how it enabled a medieval nobleman to climb to his living quarters on horseback.
Delve into one of the city’s last secret passages (access subject to water levels) and, as you walk, hear dark tales of the lover who used the alley to visit his married lover under cover of night.
Then, feel your blood run cold in the Calle dei Assassini, a shadowy street once frequented by killers and criminals, as your guide recounts the brutal murders that took place here.
After around 1.5 hours, make your way back to the Rialto Bridge, where your tour finishes.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Venice Ghost Walking Tour departs at 7pm
USD $26.88Pricing details
Venice Ghost Walking Tour departs at 8pm
USD $26.88Pricing details
Original Venice Ghost Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: lynn a, January 2017
Really good very interesting and we saw places we wouldn't have know about otherwise very good value for money
Reviewed by: rogerb2436, United States of America, November 2016
The tour guide made the tour a lot of fun and very interesting with all the history provided.