- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The San Francisco City Tour begins with a drive along the famous waterfront for views of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Photo stops are made at the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park and Twin Peaks (weather permitting).
Some of the attractions you will see on this San Francisco City Tour include:
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- Palace of Fine Arts
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Awe-inspiring views of Alcatraz and the Pacific Ocean
The schedule for the day depends on the availability for Alcatraz. You will be advised of the tour schedule either when you call to re-confirm your tour 24 hours prior, or upon arrival for the tour on your selected date of travel.
Alcatraz sold out?
City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise
When Alcatraz is sold out, book the next best option and upgrade your city tour to include the Escape from the Rock Cruise. This 90-minute bay cruise sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circles Alcatraz twice allowing you to get up close and see every angle of this mysterious island.
You’ll hear chilling accounts of harrowing escape attempts by Alcatraz’s notorious criminals as well as their descriptions of the brutality of life on the island. This special San Francisco bay cruise featuring sound effects and intriguing stories about Capone, Billy Cook the Killer, Clyde Johnson’s Alcatraz escape attempt and many more, will take you back to the days when this maximum-security prison was the most feared institution in the American penal system.
Please note: the City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise does NOT include a ticket to Alcatraz
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Pickup from centrally located San Francisco hotels and airport hotels.
Airport hotels: Pickup is available, however guests will be drop off at hotel at approximately 5:15pm
Cruise ship passengers: Please make your way to 2627 Taylor Street, 10-minute walk from the cruise ship terminal
Please note: Additional departure times may be scheduled during busy periods. You must call 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm your departure time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
City Tour & Alcatraz Admission
3.5-hr San Francisco city tour departing 9am plus ferry and admission to Alcatraz island, including award-winning Alcatraz audio tour. Limited availability and advance booking is recommended
USD $99.99Pricing details
Tour (pm) & Escape From Rock
1.5-hr 'Escape from the Rock' cruise departing 11:30am. Cruise circles Alcatraz and provides commentary on the island's history: ALCATRAZ ADMISSION NOT INCLUDED. 3.5hr city tour departing at 2:00pm.
USD $79.00Pricing details
Alcatraz and San Francisco City Tour
- San Francisco city tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island with admission (US$30 per adult; starting Oct 1, 2015 ticket will increase to US$31)
- Walking tour of Alcatraz 'Cell Block' and audio tape (if Alcatraz option is selected at time of booking)
- 1.5-hour bay cruise around Alcatraz (if Escape from Rock option is selected at time of booking)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 1.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions. Please note, there is a Tram providing transport for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Buses are air conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seater vehicles
- Please note: the City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise does NOT include a ticket to Alcatraz