- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Stretch your legs as your informative guide takes you on a brief walking tour of Lucerne’s major landmarks. Afterwards, enjoy approximately one hour of free time during which you can take a closer look at the famous Lion Monument, Kapellbrücke (Chapel Bridge), Rathaus (Town Hall) or the distinctive Culture and Congress Centre.
Your coach tour continues to the idyllic mountain resort town of Engelberg in the Swiss Alps. Board Rotair, a rotating cable car, to travel to the summit of gorgeous Mt Titlis, central Switzerland’s highest mountain. As you ascend to 10,623 feet (3,238 meters), take in marvelous 360-degree views of the sparkling blue-tinged glacial landscape and capture photos of giant ice boulders and deep crevasses. And now that the new gondola system has been implemented, you will spend more time on top of Mount Titlis as the new ride takes you up in a shorter time!
Reach the top of Mt Titlis -- where it’s snowy year-round -- and enjoy 1.5 hours to try a variety of fun activities. Visit the Ice Grotto, a long ice cave, and ride the Ice Flyer, a thrilling chairlift that takes you closer to the ice crevasses. Try sliding down a snow slide in the Glacier Park and walk across Europe’s highest suspension bridge for more stunning views from Mt Titlis. Or, simply relax on the sun terrace or have lunch (own expense) in your choice of several restaurants.
Your action-packed day trip to Mt Titlis concludes with drop-off at Sihlquai Bus Terminal in central Zurich at approximately 7pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount Titlis Day Trip from Zurich
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Short Lucerne guided city tour
- Revolving cable-car ride to the summit of Mount Titlis
- Entrance to Ice Flyer, Ice Grotto and suspension bridge on top of Mount Titlis
- Snow slide ride in Glacier Park
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Jacket and snow boots rental available on top of Mount Titlis for 8 CHF/item
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated, providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking the coach
- Hotel pickup is only available for guests of the listed hotels. If you are staying elsewhere, go to the central departure point.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Venkataraman R, September 2016
The Trip was very good. Thanks to the Guides who kept us engaged.
Reviewed by: sanrionjb, September 2016
This tour was really fun and I am glad I booked it via Viator. It was run by Best of Switzerland tours- I did 3 tours with this company while in Switzerland and they were all outstanding. I also did the Jungfrau tour and was afraid doing that and this tour might be too much the same but I found them both to be very fun and different. The cable car rides to Mount Titlis provide beautiful views of the Engelberg village. At the mountain, there are many activities and I found the amount of time we had to be appropriate- not too long or short. I enjoyed the bridge and ice flyer. There is a section to walk on snow and I believe you had to walk on snow to get to the ice flyer so if you have mobility issues, this may be difficult, and it is essential to wear proper footwear- boots or waterproof shoes with no-skid bottoms. Our tour guide, Fernando, was very friendly and provided a lot of information.