Upgrade to Dog Sledding Option
Make your time in port complete with the addition of summer dog sledding. You'll be guided by an authentic musher on a thrilling 15-20 minute wheeled training cart along a forested trail, which was once traveled by the Gold Rush stampedes.
All passengers must have a valid passport.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
When your cruise ship docks in Skagway, begin your adventure by climbing the Klondike Highway north to the US/Canadian border, which parallels the 1898 Gold Rush Trail. Cross into Canada and traverse through the spectacular Northern Boreal Forest, which includes Bove Island, Tutshi Lake and Tagish Lake. After you break for a photo at the Yukon border, you'll travel on to Lake Bennett, see the "World's Smallest Desert" and marvel at gorgeous Emerald Lake.
Stop at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post and Museum where you can relax and enjoy a tasty, satisfying lunch of baked chicken with BBQ sauce, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner rolls, donuts and coffee -- Yukon style! After lunch, visit one of the most spectacular wildlife museums in the North Country. As you stroll through the 9,000-square foot (2743-square meter) museum, you will find the quality of the wildlife exhibits to be truly remarkable. The museum's exhibits range from Ice Age specimens to animals more recently introduced into the Yukon. Also, included are exotic animals from both the arctic and sub-arctic regions of Alaska and the Yukon, as well as from around the world.
Also at Caribou Crossing are the lovable Huskies preparing for the Yukon Quest dog sled race. Pet the dogs and play with puppies, and hear the musher's adventures of dog sledding in the Yukon during the winter! As you journey back to Skagway, keep your eye out for possible wildlife sightings, such as bears, moose, caribou, Dall sheep and mountain goats.Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9:30am Yukon Tour
9:30am Full-Day Tour of the Yukon
Skagway Shore Excursion: Full-Day Tour of the Yukon
- Full-day tour of the Yukon
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Lunch included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- For non-US/Canadian citizens additional documentation may be required.
- Children accompanying parents should have an original or certified copy of birth certificate. If one or both parents are not traveling with the child, a notarized letter of authorization from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jeanette K N, September 2016
Really fun guide. Lots of information and great photo opportunities. Great lunch,I would highly recommend it.
Reviewed by: Michael R, September 2016
great trip, very scenic. our guide was outstanding