Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Small group ensures personal service
The best kept secret deals on fashion await with privileged access to six wholesale showrooms--not open to the general public--and hidden sample sales for the latest trends. No last season leftovers, snag deals on women’s designer and “better wear” fashions anywhere from 50-80% below retail. You might even catch a designer at work in their inner sanctum.
Amid all the designer deals and bargains, your shopping expert will share the history of the area, point out key landmarks in the area such as M and J Trimmings, one of the world's most famous trim stores, featured in the New York Times and Martha Stewart Living Magazine and tell you where to find Mood Fabrics, best known for being "the" place to buy fabric on the hot reality show Project Runway.
Don't let the bargain-hunting end with the tour. You'll receive a list of other notable sales of the day for an independent shopping experience. You're an industry insider now!
Small-group tour is limited to 12 persons for a more personalized experience. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
Tours departs at 1:30pm
NYC Garment Center Insider Shopping Tour
- 3-hour guided walking tour
- Special access to wholesale showroom shopping
- Courtesy list of all New York City sample sales
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- It is recommend that wheelchair bound guests have an assistant
- Stores carry traditional US women's sizes 0-12 and a wide selection of accessories
- This tour features women's apparel and accessories only. Men are permitted to accompany a paying female guest at no cost. Please make note in 'Special Requirements' at time of booking if you will be bringing a male guest
Reviewed by: NIna R, June 2016
Tour was fun, informative, and added to my and my grandaughters closets. Keve was great guide on tour and as native New Yorker knowledgeable about the city. Highlight was meeting designer Elizabeth Gilette who graciously shared her love of fabric and beautifully designed scarves.
Reviewed by: Julie C, March 2016
We were a large group but John kept things lively. We saw a lot and his stories and anecdotes made the tour a great experience. Clearly John knows his stuff--and his joy of tourguiding came through clearly on a brisk but sunny day.