- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors, the complex contains the ruins of Honmaru Palace as well as Ninomaru Palace with its five connecting buildings made of cypress. See living quarters lavishly decorated in gold leaf and tour the kitchens, guardhouse and several gardens.
Note: When Nijo Castle is closed, Ryoanji Temple will be visited instead.
Next on your itinerary is Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Kyoto's most popular temple. During 45 minutes here, your guide points out perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese garden as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Continue to Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was the residence of the imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place, and admire the Japanese taste for simplicity and tranquility.
Note: When Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, Kitano Tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple will be visited instead.
Your tour ends with drop-off at the Kyoto New Miyako Hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
8:40am from Karasuma Kyoto Hotel (Front)
8:20am from Kyoto Hotel Okura (Lobby)
8:25am from Kyoto Avanti B1F (Sunrise Tour Desk)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kyoto Morning Tour: Kyoto Imperial Palace, Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Local tax
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of the road on this tour are made of gravel and may have steep inclines
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Monday. When Monday is a National Holiday, Monday will be open and the following day will be closed instead. When the palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple instead
- Nijo Castle is closed every Tuesday during January, July, August, and December. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple
- Please note you will be asked to fill in your full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace (forms will be handed out on the
day of the tour)
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Cheryl R, September 2016
A wonderful tour. It was a fantastic peek into Japanese history, and Yuki our guide was very informative. There was a bit of walking but it is manageable for elderly people with creaky bones. The drop off at the end of the half day tour can be at the Handicraft Centre. Another couple of hours spent perusing the three floors of gifts to take home.
Reviewed by: Bronte E, August 2016
Our tour guide was great, gave lots of information, and took us to some amazing places, my favourite being the Golden Pavilion. Highly recommended, especially if only in Kyoto for a short amount of time, but still wanting to see some of the famous landmarks.