- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
About one hour into your journey, travel through Torquay, a beach town known for its surf culture and as the start of the Great Ocean Road. Next, enjoy a morning tea break at a beachside location before continue another hour to Kennett River where you take a short walk in eucalyptus forest to look for koalas and colorful parrots.
Further along, at the foot of the Otway Ranges, have lunch in the beautiful town of Apollo Bay. Then enjoy free time to explore the shops and marina or take a dip in the water.
Your next stop takes you into Great Otway National Park for a leisurely stroll at Maits Rest. A wooden boardwalk leads through lovely fern gardens and rain forest, with giant trees up to 300 years old.
Hop back on the bus to visit Port Campbell National Park, known for offshore rock formations such as the Twelve Apostles. Here you have the option to upgrade and take a 15-minute helicopter ride along the magnificent coastline. From the air, you get an amazing perspective on Gibsons Steps, the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
Next, drive to your final destination, Gibson Steps. An area of cliffs on the south coast of Australia.
Your return journey includes a stop for dinner (at own expense) and stunning views of the lights of Melbourne as you cross the West Gate Bridge.
Translation of key tour information in 13 languages is provided on specially configured iPods. Enjoy free WiFi onboard your minicoach, making the return drive a perfect time to upload photos or email friends about your fantastic day on the Great Ocean Road.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road Tour
Tour & 15 Minute Heli Flight
Great Ocean Road Tour and Scenic Helicopter Flight. Flight time approximately 15-minutes in duration
Great Ocean Road, Melbourne
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Audio guides available in Mandarin, German, and French, among other languages
- Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter flights. Maximum weight not to exceed 299 pounds (136kg)
- A fee of AUD$20.00 applies for infants if taking the helicopter option. This must be paid direct to the guide on the day of travel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All touring vehicles are fitted with free WIFI
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: John C, October 2016
We was great education by Raphael who we found very laid back and friendly, after picking up the rest of the guest we set off through Melbourne and Raphael gave us the history of the city. Our first stop was Torquay where we had a welcoming cup of coffee and cake. We then set off towards Lorne beach and the ocean road arch for some photos.
We drove some more and saw the very house in the opening scene from mad max .the next stop was Kennet were we saw koalas, kookaburras and cockatoos. We stopped for lunch at apollo beach where the weather started to warm up.
We reached the 12 apostles after a brief rainforest stop. The views was magnificent and you also get a reverse view opportunity. I would recommend this tour although really long Raphael was a great guide and integrated all the guests.
Reviewed by: Hb4eva_96, October 2016
This was a fabulous and beautiful tour. Our guide was so friendly and knowledgeable. I felt we had ample time at each photo spot, which is not always the case in bigger groups. Although part of the road was closed, our guide handled the change well and I felt like I didn't really miss out on anything. I highly recommend this tour and anything run by Go West tour company.