Departing Edinburgh, you will head south to the world-famous Scott's View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. From here, you will travel to Melrose with the opportunity to explore its great Border abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in The Da Vinci Code and an important site of beauty and history in its own right.
The tour includes a discount card, offering fantastic savings on top Edinburgh and Scotland visitor attractions, restaurants, pubs and shopping.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Christine B, August 2016
Really enjoyed this tour. Our guide Al, was very knowledgeable and had a great personality. Made the tour fun!
Reviewed by: Shirley C, August 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the day trip. Besides seeing Melrose Abbey and Rosslyn Chapel, it was our driver and guide, Neal, who really made the trip interesting. He was very informative. He even played a few selections of marvelous Scottish bands while we travelled through the countryside. Cheers to Neal and Rabbie's Tours.