- Lunch included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Lord of the Rings tour including lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 'Lord of the Rings' themed lunch
- Local and professional guide
- Visit 9 movie locations
- Souvenir map
- Native forest walk
- Weta Studios workshop exhibition tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with walkers or limited mobility
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Andrea M, February 2017
This was a fantastic tour. I'm a large fan or The Lord of the Rings, but it would be entertaining for someone who may not be as familiar with the books or movies. We saw beautiful landscapes and learned a lot about how they filmed the movies in each location, and we had a tour of Weta Studios, where we had an exclusive look at the work that goes into making the characters' weapons, clothing, and makeup so magnificent. Plus, we had a great LOTR-inspire lunch! W even learned some fun trivia about the director and actors! This was definitely a worthwhile experience.
Reviewed by: Methuen F, February 2017
Really enjoyed the trip and our guide was amazingly friendly and had tonnes of knowledge about both Wellington and LOTR