As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. The Segway is the first of its kind - It's new, it's cool and a ton of fun!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
Your tour begins with a 30-minute training session to learn the basics of maneuvering the Segway scooter. Once under way, visit Washington D.C. highlights, including: the U.S. Capitol Building, the White House, the National Museum of Natural History, Ford's Theater, the National Air and Space Museum, the Washington Monument, and many more!
Your tour guide also takes you past the White House, United States Capitol, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Castle, Lincoln Memorial, Pennsylvania Avenue, National Galleries of Art, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Korean Memorial, Old Executive Office Building and The National Mall. Throughout the tour, the guide provides both the history and stories surrounding the sites and makes sure plenty of photo opportunities are available.
All tours are limited in size with 1 guide so you can count on a great, intimate experience. Discover what it's like to be a celebrity as everyone turns to watch you glide by!
All riders must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10am
Departs at 2pm
Departs at 6pm
Washington DC Segway Tour
- Transportation by segway
- Orientation session (30 minutes)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Tours run rain or shine
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 250 pounds
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
- Bullfrog Tour Company insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (those under 18 must have an adult sign for them)
- Changes in tour route may be necessary due to construction and security related issues
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or authorized guardian
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a pre-authorization of $500 on a credit card. This pre-authorization is immediately cancelled at the end of the tour and will not even appear on the statement
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Wear comfortable shoes. While you're not walking, you are on your feet for three hours! Don't bring too many belongings with you. The Segways are equipped with very small bags for cameras and small purses. You may wish to wear sunscreen on sunny days, and bring rain gear and/or warm clothing for days that are looking like it might rain or will be cool.
If you cancel between 4 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: NATALIE A, September 2016
This is a fun tour using the Segway. You will quickly in three hours tour around Washington, D.C. On another day, take a walking tour, so you will have more time for photos. Lots of fun.
Reviewed by: Michelle H, September 2016
We did the segway tour at the beginning of September as a family of 4 and it was the best thing we did whilst spending time in Washington DC. It was real good fun, the whole family enjoyed and it was by far the best way to get to see all the monuments and points of interest on the National Mall and beyond, I would highly recommend!