The tour takes you on a relaxing sail by catamaran to the uninhabited island of Icacos. Spend the morning exploring the island, collecting shells or swimming offshore in the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea. If you're a novice, you can receive professional instruction in the art of snorkeling.
After you've worked up an appetite, enjoy a scrumptious picnic lunch freshly prepared onboard by the crew, accompanied by pina coladas and rum punch.
After lunch, you'll anchor over a breathtaking coral reef, home to colorful tropical fish and underwater wonders.
Then, after a full day at sea, it's time to hoist the sail for the return trip to San Juan, completing a truly different day in paradise!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Old San Juan area: 7:45am
- Condado area: 8:00am
- Isla Verde area: 8:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Without Transport
Includes price of cruise only. Hotel pickup and drop-off not included.
Tour Including Transport
Includes price of cruise plus hotel pickup and drop-off
San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
- Pina Colada and Rum Punch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Natural resources reef and beach protection fee (USD $3 per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- This cruise is child-friendly, however adult prices apply to all travelers
- Sailing time is between 20 to 45 minutes, depending how much wind there is on the day. The catamaran departs the dock around 10:00am and once anchored you will stay at the Island until approximately 1:00pm, and then move over to the second reef
- Sailing in the Caribbean is generally calm and the catamaran is 46 foot long and 24 foot wide and sails very smoothly, Maximum capacity is 44 passengers
- Lunch usually consists of ham, turkey, salami, cheese, salad, fruit, snacks and fresh local bread and you choose for your sandwich. You may bring your own food as well (have coolers to store)
- Pick up is not provided from San Juan Cruiseship (port/dock). The closest hotel is the Sheraton.
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Sheraton Old San Juan Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan. The Catamaran is in Fajardo and so guests at the El Conquistador need to make own arrangements with their Concierge for transportation. The El Conquistador is located between San Juan and the El Yunque Rainforest and is approximately a 1 hour and 15 minute drive to the closest pick up location, the Ritz Carlton Hotel San Juan, where you can check in for the tour
- Tour buses are air-conditioned, but without bathrooms
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable
- This tour requires a minimum number of 12 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Reana F, August 2016
This was the highlight of my trip I had a amazing time and the staff was great. This was my first time snorkeling and it was a very good experience I would definitely do it again.
Reviewed by: Bo Bae J, August 2016
Totally recommend this tour! The food is great, the beaches and the snorkeling area we visit are truly beautiful The guides were wonderful and accommodated us very well! You must snorkel when you are in puerto rico you can actually feed the fish and the water is so clear!
Definitely worth the money!