El Yunque Rainforest and Luquillo Beach from San Juan
Enjoy the best of both worlds - Luquillo Beach is a huge crescent of white sand lined with coconut palms with the mountains of El Yunque as the backdrop. Then explore the cool, mountainous and semi tropical El Yunque Rain Forest, home to unique plant and animal species. Perfect for families!
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
Departing from San Juan, you can combine a visit to the rainforest with an afternoon at one of the world's most beautiful beaches. On the Northeast coast of Puerto Rico, Luquillo Beach is the island's best and most popular public stretch of tranquil waters and golden sand. Offshore are coral formations and spectacular sea life and tropical fish. The water is calm and comfortable - the perfect place for families!
From here, you'll explore the cool, mountainous and semi tropical El Yunque rainforest. The abundant rainfall is shed through rocky rivers, creating many cascades of waterfalls and pools. El Yunque hosts a number of unique plant and animal species such as the endangered Puerto Rican parrot and the tiny coquis, an indigenous tree frog.
According to ancient Indian legend, the good spirit 'Yuquiyu' reigned on his mighty mountain-top throne, protecting Puerto Rico and its people. The name Luquillo is derived from this god's spirit's Indian name.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Old San Juan area: 8:15am
- Condado area: 8:45am
- Isla Verde area: 9:10am
Tour returns at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
El Yunque Rainforest and Luqillo Beach from San Juan
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up is not provided from San Juan Cruiseship (port/dock). The closest hotel is the Sheraton.
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Sheraton Old San Juan Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan.
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- La Coca Waterfall (no swimming, just taking photos)
- Observation Tower
- Bano Grande (no swimming)
- 20 minute walk on Caimitillo Trail (easy walk)
- 2.5 hours on Luquillo Beach
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jill K, June 2016
Enjoyed this combination rain forest and beach trip. Staff courteous.
Reviewed by: Michelle S, May 2016
The tour guide, Robert, was awesome!