Take time out from San Francisco on a half-day trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito. This enthralling half-day trip takes you across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Area's most popular national monument and the prettiest village in California.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
After crossing the impressive Golden Gate Bridge, you'll stop for a view of San Francisco from Vista Point before driving through the coastal mountains to Muir Woods (admission included). This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on earth. Take the opportunity to roam through an ancient forest of giant redwood trees on your 75-minute visit of Muir Woods.
This morning or afternoon tour also takes you to Sausalito, a quaint Mediterranean-style seaside village. Stroll along the waterfront, shop or take photos in this picturesque artists' colony nestled on the northern shores of San Francisco Bay.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please note, if you are staying at Fisherman's Wharf hotels please make your own way to the departure point of 2627 Taylor Street. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to tour departure time
Airport hotels: Pickup is available for the morning tour, however guests will be drop off at hotel at 5:15pm. Pickup is not available for the afternoon tour for those staying at hotels near or around the airport
Cruise ship passengers: Please make your way to 2627 Taylor Street, 10-minute walk from the cruise ship terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 2pm
Muir Woods, California
- 4-hour tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Admission to Muir Woods
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (morning tour only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Ferry ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: hotel pickup and drop-off at hotels in the airport area is only available to passengers for the 9am tour
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions
- Buses are air-conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seater vehicles
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: mitchblair, February 2017
Amazing! Our tour operator told the bus such great stories about San Francisco as we drove to the Muir Woods and then had other great stories as we went through Sausalito. Bus was comfortable. Tour was the perfect amount of time! I highly recommend this tour to the Muir Woods! I had two kids with me and they loved the tour just as much as I did!
Reviewed by: Robert C, February 2017
The tour guide was excellent. The trip was a great way to see some amazing sites around San Francisco. I would have liked a bit more time at Muir Woods, but this was a fairly inexpensive way to get to see this amazing place and spectacular views of the Golden Gate quickly and efficiently.