Get the best of all worlds and combine history, nature and shopping on a full day guided tour from Quito. You'll witness spectacular scenery, see the active volcano Cotopaxi and the Limpiopungo Lagoon - all before returning back to Quito!
Departure by bus from Quito through the Panamerican Highway admiring the diverse ecosystems of the route, as a clear sign of the majesty of the Andes.
We continue to the Cotopaxi National Park, arriving at the foot of the impressive active volcano. Visit the Museum Park, the Limpiopungo Lagoon and and through an interesting hike will reach the forest of Chuquirahuas to 4200 meters. (if the weather permits).
Visit to Quilotoa Volcano, which has in its crater a stunning turquoise lagoon.
By the afternoon visit the Quilotoa Volcano.
Return to Quito in the afternoon.
Please Note: Cotopaxi National Park is closed for sightseeing in prevention of new ash-fall from the volcano. Our operation visiting the area have been changed as follows in order to maintain a journey attractive to our passengers:
- Cotopaxi National Park and Hacienda tour: instead of visiting Cotopaxi National Park, we will go to Quilotoa Volcano, located a few kilometers further south. It has an impressive formation of a turquoise lagoon inside its crater, one of the most beautiful scenery you can find in Ecuador
As soon as the Cotopaxi National Park reopens access to visitors, our tours will go back as originally planned and we will implement these changes each time the volcano and ash emissions makes our visit not suitable for tourists.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most major Quito Hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
National Park of Cotopaxi Tour from Quito
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Lunch and drinks
- Entrance to the National Park of Cotopaxi
- Entrance to View-point in Quilotoa Volcano
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: train operation is subject to change. Days in which train operation is not available the trip will be made by bus.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Janice S, February 2017
We saw both Cotopaxi and Quilotoa, and we even saw a condor flying above. We got a good feel for the countryside including vertical farming and rural life. The guide was professional and had so much information to share! It was a fun day, and I learned a lot.
Reviewed by: kjanek001, July 2016
Exceeded my expectations.