- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
On arrival, show your pre-booked ticket or pay your entrance fee (depending on the option selected), and head inside to view the State Apartments, St George’s Chapel and other highlights, all brought to life by audio guide commentary. The display of British pageantry that is the Changing of the Guard takes place in the Castle precincts on an almost daily basis, so you may catch this colorful morning ceremony if your tour takes place on one of the days it occurs and if you have purchased an entrance ticket to the Castle.
Alternatively, use your time to explore the town of Windsor and stroll around its quaint streets. You may also see the New or Old Guard of soldiers marching to the Castle if your tour coincides with a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Usually accompanied by a military band, the Guards march through central Windsor in their bright red tunics and bearskin helmets, making an impressive sight.
After around two hours in Windsor, head for Stonehenge. This UNESCO-listed stone circle rears dramatically from Salisbury Plain and is cloaked in mystery. Perhaps purchase an entrance ticket from your guide and take an audio-guided tour that delves into the stones’ spiritual importance and their associations with figures such as King Arthur and Merlin. Or view Stonehenge independently from outside and ponder its mysteries yourself as you take photos of this incredible prehistoric monument.
Later, continue to Oxford. Home to Britain’s oldest university, the colleges of this honey-stoned town inspired scholars such as Lewis Carroll and J R R Tolkien. Take an included walking tour to admire Christchurch College, the Bodleian Library and Sheldonian Theatre as you listen to your guide’s crystal-clear commentary on your Vox headphones.
Afterward, return to London where your tour ends with a drop-off at Victoria coach station.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour in English
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Custom Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance fees not included
English Tour Including Entry
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge Included
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Walking tour of Oxford, including headphones
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge, if option selected
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance ticket to Windsor Castle interior, if option selected
- Entrance ticket to Stonehenge, if option selected
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Windsor Castle viewing is restricted on Sundays and St Georges Chapel is closed.Windsor Castle is closed on March 24, 25, 27 and June 12,13, 2016. On these dates the tour will visit Hampton Court Palace
- Please note: that the Changing of the Guard only takes place on selected dates
- Please note: the State Apartments are closed on the following dates; July 12, October 7 and December 2 2016. On these dates the tour will visit Queen Mary's Doll House and St Georges Chapel instead of Windsor.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Diane Marie L, United States of America, October 2016
Kevin guide and Gabor driver were both excellent. Windsor Castle was amazing, Stonehenge was unbelievable and Oxford was full of history. It was a long day but very interesting and Kevin had a lot of information all along the way.
Reviewed by: Daniel M, October 2016
Our Viator tour was run by subcontractor Evan Evans Tours, with tour guide 'David' and Bus driver 'Thomas'.
David was energetic, funny, and very accommodating, providing useful info on the relatively long rides between sites. We picked the option whereby he provided entry tickets ahead of time, which made entry into Windsor Castle and Stonehenge effortless.
The only knock on the tour is that you have limited time in each site, probably 1.5 hrs at Windsor, 1 hour at Stonehenge, and 1.5 hr in Oxford, and spend the rest of the long day in the coach. The countryside is pretty however, and the coach very comfortable, with onboard WiFi etc.
It's a great opportunity to see three diverse sites away from London, all in one day, but does not provide time for indepth exploration of any one, simply due to time/travel constraints.