Chicago is renowned for its stunning and original architecture, and the most relaxing way to see it is on a cruise on the Chicago River! You'll learn all about Chicago's history and landmarks before the tour's grand finale, a thrilling speedboat ride on Lake Michigan.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Meet your guide at Navy Pier, where you'll board your boat. As you take off along the water, see and hear about the dozens of skyscrapers lining the Chicago River, including the Sears Tower and the Tribune Tower. Learn when and why the flow of the Chicago River was reversed, how Chicago architects pioneered skyscraper construction and a variety of other tales and tidbits of Chicago's history from your guide.
Then, take a thrilling speedboat ride along the lake for spectacular views of the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan. From the water, you'll see Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, beautiful Chicago Harbor and Chicago's Museum Campus.
Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 11:15am
Departs at 1:15pm
Departs at 3:15pm
Departs at 5:15pm
Learn About Chicago's Great Architecture on a Boat Tour
- Sightseeing cruise
- Passage through the historic Chicago River locks and up the Chicago River to Sears Tower
- Architectural tour and speedboat ride on Lake Michigan
- Local fees and taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Coast Guard regulations require a photo ID for each guest to board
- All cruises are weather permitting
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Michael B, United States of America, September 2016
Great time, very informative and great personality.
Reviewed by: Jennifer G, September 2016
This was such a great activity! A must see in Chicago! The views were incredible and the tour guide was super friendly and knowledgeable!