- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors each year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins, each one smaller and more intricately decorated than the last, dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day.
The Royal Mummies Room (additional cost) is another highlight of the Egyptian Museum. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II, the builder of the temples at Abu Simbel. Throughout the rest of the museum you will find countless Egyptian artifacts dating back thousands of years. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore at leisure.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at the museum. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Egyptian Museum, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to The Egyptian Museum
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Leith Patrick K, September 2016
Wonderful. Parts of the museum do not allow guides but we were briefed before we went into those areas and managed to cover the museum in about a half day. Our guide knows his stuff and explained it in a way that was enjoyable and not overwhelming. Having a guide that is fluent in English was a huge advantage. Highly recommend Fouad and South Sanai Tours, a local agent for Viator.
Reviewed by: Jeffrey E, June 2016
This was an awesome guide and driver. The tour was really good and I greatly appreciated all the guide's help. Really a good experience.