This half-day private sightseeing tour in Bangkok is a must for anyone visiting Thailand's capital city. On this private tour you will have the opportunity to explore the complex, which houses a number of attractions including Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) in the company of a local Thai guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Built in traditional Thai architecture mixed with European designs, The Grand Palace complex, once the official home for the Kings of Siam, is unquestionably one of the Thailand's major tourist highlights. The King still uses the Grand Palace for certain ceremonial occasions and the regal flavor within its enormous royal grounds is still evident. During the tour you will visit the Royal Funeral Hall and the Royal Coronation Hall. Enjoy a 90-minute visit here.
The main centerpiece of the complex however is the 45 centimeter Emerald Buddha. Carved from just one piece of Jade it is the holiest and most revered religious object in Thailand. The Emerald Buddha is housed within Wat Phra Kaew, which is a very ornately decorated building whose roof tiles reach up into the sky.
The tour concludes at Gems Gallery and a return shuttle can be provided by the Gallery to selected hotels.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Private Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew Tour
Afternoon Private Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew Tour
Private Tour: Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress Code: There is a strict dress code for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. If you show up at the front gate improperly dressed, there is a booth near the entry that can provide clothes to cover you up properly. You must leave your passport or credit card as security.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Dianne W, August 2016
Very good guide. Very knowledgable and he knew how to get us in to the complex ahead of hordes and hordes of Chinese tourists. We would not have enjoyed the tour anywhere as much without him.
He did suggest the shopping trip after the tour but we just said we were tired and wanted to go back to the hotel and we went right back.
Reviewed by: Jane, United Kingdom, August 2016
My friend and I booked this tour and Bangkok Temples Including Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, one for the morning and one for the afternoon of the same day. At the time of booking we asked if they could be combined so the tours ran into one another instead of having the 'lunch time' back at the hotel. The reply said no, they are best kept separate so we went with the recommendation even though other reviews had also suggested combining. When the guide picked us up, he asked if we'd be ok to combine these tours as logistically it would be better to go from one to the other. This may have been because of our hotel location in comparison, but even so, once we were shown the places on the map and already having experience of the nightmare traffic jams in Bangkok, it definitely made sense to combine the trips. This meant we were back at the hotel after both tours much earlier than we would have been other wise. Both these tours worked out very well, and allowed us to more easily find our way into and round the temple complex's having our own private guide. These are both well worth the visit