Experience rural Thai culture and explore the canal waterways outside the capital on this 6-hour day trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets from Bangkok. Cruise by long-tailed speedboat with your guide to the floating markets. Discover the ancient canals constructed in the 19th century by Thailand’s King Rama IV. See the vendors selling local produce including fresh fruit and vegetables, traditional sweets and souvenirs. Soak up the atmosphere of the bustling, vibrant markets and gain insight into everyday life in Thailand.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Following a morning pickup from your Bangkok city hotel, meet your guide and travel out by air-conditioned coach to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. Located a 2-hour drive southwest of Bangkok, the markets sit on a canal waterway created by King Rama IV in the 19th century to promote trade and development outside the capital. Today, they’re widely considered one of Bangkok’s top attractions and offer valuable insight into traditional Thai culture and traditions.
On arrival at Damnoen Saduak, hop aboard a long-tailed speedboat with your guide for an exciting ride through the marshes and stilt-houses to the markets. Once there, listen to a brief introduction from your guide and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Marvel at the colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets, meats and souvenirs on display and take time to capture the market scenery on camera. Watch the traders and customers going about their daily business on this bustling and vibrant part of the canal, and perhaps purchase some fruit or souvenirs for yourself (own expense). Take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable locally) through the maze of traditional canoes and soak up the market atmosphere out on the water.
When your time at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is up, cruise back to your coach and hop back aboard for the return journey to your Bangkok hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin this tour.
Hotel pickup and drop off is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Tour returns to your hotel at approximately 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Long-tail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Boat ride through the markets (optional extra, payable direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum age is 5 years
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Roger L, July 2016
A fantastic trip with a nice tour guide. A must-go tourist spot for first-time travelers to Bangkok!
Reviewed by: Richard W, July 2016
I really enjoyed this tour. Our guide knocked herself out to make the experience positive.