Combine a cruise through the Floating Markets with a visit to Bridge on the River Kwai on this full-day guided tour from Bangkok. With the knowledge of your local guide, this is a wonderful way to maximize your time and delve deeper in the Thailand's Kanchanaburi region.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your journey commences with a leisurely drive from Bangkok, passing through salt fields and rice paddies before embarking aboard your long tail speed-boat on your journey to the floating markets. The floating markets are a fascinating experience, a complete contrast to how we shop for food in the west, and are made up of Thai style canoes laden with colorful and succulent fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats - gently plying their way through the canal, selling as they go. It is one of most popular Thai sightseeing experiences and not to be missed. If you want to take a closer look your local Thai guide will help you organize a local boat ride through the markets (optional extra).
You will then board your coach for the journey west to Kanchanaburi, home to the River Kwai and it's infamous bridge. The building of the bridge in 1943 was part of a wartime project to link existing Thai and Burmese railway lines to create a direct route from Bangkok, Thailand to Rangoon, Burma (now Myanmar) in an effort to support the Japanese occupation of Burma. Over 100,000 conscripted laborers and 12,000 prisoners of war died during the whole project.
Lunch will be taken at a local restaurant before visiting the bridge after visiting the JEATH war museum, which houses pictures and paintings from this period. Combining the two attractions unfortunately means there is not enough time to take a train ride, before your journey back to Bangkok and your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Tour returns to your hotel at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Boat trip to the Floating Markets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: tbeedon, October 2016
I was a little unsure if I wanted to do this trip because of the long drive and things I've heard about this floating market, but we ended up loving it! Our tour guide Cheri was very informative the whole way, describing Thai culture and answering questions for us. The floating market was totally fun! We ended up buying some artwork from a local painter that we'll cherish forever. Yes, some things were more expensive but the difference between 300tb and 400tb is what...3USD so at the end of the day, we came home with memories we'll cherish for a lifetime and hopefully contributed a little extra towards making the locals a little happier. While the Bridge of the River Kwai was a bit of a drive, the scenery and stories we were told made it totally worth it. I'd do it again if we go back.
Reviewed by: Thomas F, August 2016
The tour was fabulous.The guide was very knowledgeable. The ride in the long tailed boat to the floating market was fun.The war graves at Kanchanaburi were very moving and a must see place, then the bridge on the river Kwai was awesome to see and walk over