- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Ascend into the hills on an easy hike to get some of the best panoramic views available. See downtown Los Angeles, Silver Lake and the San Fernando Valley, and get a spectacular view of Forest Lawn Memorial Park, the final resting place for Hollywood royalty such as Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson.
Next, trek up to Mt Hollywood and get even more spectacular views of downtown Hollywood, the Sunset Strip and Century City. The highlight of your tour is sure to be the famed Hollywood Sign. Learn about the sign's incredible history from your guide before heading to your last stop at the iconic Griffith Park Observatory.
If you join the sunset tour, your guide will lead you to a vista overlooking the famed Hollywood Sign and the Griffith Park Observatory. Here, you’ll get to watch the sunset and witness the stunning Los Angeles lights shimmer below you. Don't forget your camera, as you're sure to get endless one-of-a-kind photo opportunities!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Check-in at 9:45am for a prompt 10am departure
- Hikes scheduled between March 13th and November 5th - 4:30 PM/4:15 PM (Check-In)
- Hikes scheduled between November 6th and March 11th - 3:00 PM/2:45 PM (Check-In)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10am departure, includes 2.5-hour hike and bottled water
USD $52.00Pricing details
Sunset hike departs prior to sunset; see Departure Time for details. Tour includes 2.5-hour hike and bottled water
USD $52.00Pricing details
Hollywood Hills Hiking Tour
- 2.5-hour hike
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate level of fitness is advised
- Closed-toe shoes are required and layers are recommended
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Majed A, October 2016
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Moky, United States of America, October 2016
If you're looking to get great vistas of downtown LA and the Hollywood sign, as well as to stretch your legs and get in light exercise, this is the hike for you. I had a great time on this easy-level hike. Our tour guide Danny was polite and friendly, gave us a few historical tidbits along the way, stopped whenever anyone needed a breather, and gave me ample time to snap my pics.
The tour goes by the Hollywood sign for photo opps, but not THAT close. If you're looking to snap some closer-up pics, you'll want to bring along a zoom lens my photos were taken with a standard 50-80mm lens. The hike ends right at Griffith Observatory, which is free to check out minus the planetarium shows and offers a/c, toilets, drinking fountains, additional observation points for photos, etc. I would say this was a way better use of my free time than a walk in the city!
Things to note:
- Be advised that throughout most of the hike, there's spotty cellular signal depending on your carrier mine was Verizon Wireless.
- There's a free wifi hotspot right at the entrance to Griffith Observatory's parking lot you will see a sign for it.
- There's quite a lot of dust/dirt on the trail so make sure you're prepared. In other words, don't wear white. -
- Also, watch out for dog poop as dogs are allowed on the trails!
- The tour guide provides a small bottle of water for everyone, but depending on the heat and sun that day, you should probably bring a backup bottle just in case.