An overnight cruise amidst spectacular Milford Sound, is a once in a lifetime experience. While on board the Milford Mariner you will cruise the full length of this spectacular fiord to the Tasman Sea before anchoring for the night in sheltered Harrison Cove.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Dinner included
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
To begin, board your luxury coach in Te Anau where you can enjoy a spectacular journey along the Milford Road. Your coach driver provides an informative commentary and there is time for a photo stop and short walks along the way.
Upon arrival at Milford Sound, you will board the Milford Mariner for the overnight cruise. The vessel explores many points of interest, with plenty of time available to view waterfalls, rain forest, mountains and wildlife with the experienced nature guide on board.
The Milford Mariner offers you a very special dinner, bed and breakfast experience. With a nature guide at hand you can explore in the tender craft and kayaks or simply relax on deck. After the days activities, enjoy a delicious evening buffet in the spacious saloon before retiring to your private cabin. The Milford Mariner caters for visitors who enjoy comfort combined with activity. It has a spacious dining saloon, observation lounge and large open deck areas for viewing the scenery of Milford Sound.
After reaching the open sea, subject to weather and favorable conditions the sails are hoisted for a period. The vessel returns to and anchors overnight in sheltered Harrison Cove. Activities include kayaking and exploring the shoreline on the tender craft. The overnight cruise includes a delicious three course buffet evening meal and hearty cooked breakfast. Beverages are sold at the licensed, on board bar. The next morning, following breakfast, there is further cruising before returning to the Milford Sound Wharf.
After disembarkation on the morning of the second day you will return to Te Anau by coach allowing time to reflect on the beauty of the morning scenery.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Te Anau hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Milford Sound Mariner Overnight Cruise from Te Anau
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Overnight Milford Sound cruise
- Private cabins with en suite bathrooms
- 3-course dinner
- Use of kayaks
- Drinks, fully licensed bar is available on cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a bed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum capacity - sleeps 60
- There is no secure car parking at Milford Sound, but theft from vehicles in this area is extremely rare
- Vessel information: The cruise has spacious viewing decks, dining saloon, fully licensed bar and observation lounge.
- Need to bring: Non-slip shoes/ boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear (optional), camera, cash for bar and snacks. Overnight bag only required.
- Please note when booking as a triple you will be charged a fourth bed at the child rate
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bruce T, October 2014
The tour was a fantastic experience. Great crew who looked after our every need. Good food and wine in the evening. The sleeping quarters were a good size and being at the bottom of the boat meant a gentle rocking that put us to sleep nicely. Time frames around the activities were well planned. The morning was the highlight when we were taken towards the entrance with the weather adding to the experience. All the rain had the sides of the sound alive with falling water. Bruce and Donna Thomas Mandurah WA
Reviewed by: darren g, April 2014
Brilliant. Excellent tour. Lots to see, good food and well looked after by a great crew.
Great having dolphins swimming alongside for 30 minutes too. Could have reached out and touched them.