- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
After driving through picturesque little villages you will arrive at the craggy mountain of Montserrat and the Royal Basilica. Montserrat has been one of Spain's most important pilgrimage sites for hundreds of years, due to the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Virgen Moroneta, the Black Virgin.
After hearing an introduction to Montserrat from your guide, learning about its importance in past and present times, use your free time (roughly 2 hours) to explore independently and discover the site’s magic on your own. Then, meet back up with your guide later to travel back to Barcelona by coach.
On your way back to Barcelona you will make a stop at the harbor, before continuing to the terminal to commence your tour of the city’s Gaudi-designed highlights.
Artistic Barcelona Tour: (4.5 hours)
Set off on your afternoon tour with a stroll to La Sagrada Familia, arguably one of the most prized of Gaudi’s architectural works. Make your way around the outside of the UNESCO-listed cathedral, gazing up at its sky-piercing spires, and learn about its history from your guide. Created during the artist’s final days, the cathedral remains unfinished but is said to have been his most ambitious project.
From the cathedral, follow your guide to Park Güell, an extensive garden complex located on the hill of El Carmel that was also designed by Gaudi. Known for its architectural features with mosaic terraces, curved walls and eye-catching sculptures, the park attracts lengthy entrance lines. Skip past the lines with your fast-track ticket, and head inside to explore the abundance of pretty walkways and leafy parkland with your guide.
Having admired the colorful mosaics, statues and architecture inside the park, continue to Passeig de Gràcia in central Barcelona. On a stroll down the street, stop to see two of Gaudi’s home-turned-museums: Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. Learn how the wealthy Batlló and Milà families commissioned the artist to create their residences, and of the controversy that the attention-grabbing abodes created.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Barcelona Super Saver: Montserrat Day Trip and Barcelona Gaudi Tour
- Entrance fee
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audiovisual “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with entrance
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to La Sagrada Familia
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Performance dates vary for children's choir
- Operated by a bilingual guide in English and a second international language
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Alice M, September 2016
Reviewed by: eva2wally, August 2016
Tour was great