Sit back and relax on this leisurely half-day trip to the El Yunque rainforest. You'll discover an amazing world of nature trails, waterfalls, scenic views and the sub-tropical rainforest habitat of Puerto Rico's endangered wildlife.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
This half-day tour takes you to a place held sacred by the Puerto Rican locals. According to ancient Indian legend, the good spirit Yuquiyu reigned at El Yunque on his mighty mountain-top throne, protecting Puerto Rico and its people.
On this fascinating tour, you'll pass typical native towns before ascending through rapidly changing vistas of amazing vegetation to reach El Yunque. The rainforest is home to more than 240 species of plants and wildlife, waterfalls, streams and hiking trails leading to enticing locations.
You'll see tree orchids, giant ferns, wild flowers, tropical hardwoods and spectacular waterfalls, and see panoramic views of the entire north-east coast. The tour stops for vistas of the most beautiful sights on this tour, so don't forget to bring your camera!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour commences with pick-up from select San Juan hotels. Your closest pickup point will be advised upon reconfirmation. Pickup is not available from the cruise ship port
Tour returns at approximately 1:15pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
El Yunque Rainforest Half-Day Trip from San Juan
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan.
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Linda A, August 2016
The Rainforest Tour was excellent. The tour guide was knowledgeable of the plants, trees, flowers and history and made sure all guests were taken care of. It rained quite a bit, as it is the rainy season, but it did not take away from the beautiful scenery and enjoyable sites and walks. I would highly recommend this tour, it is a good value for money.
Reviewed by: RuBaby, August 2016
Juan was a fun tour guide. His humor, knowledge, and genuine interest made the tour. If you are lucky to visit the forest on a clear day, you will be rewarded with beautiful views. This is an easy tour for people who aren't into hiking through the rainforest but still want to see everything.