- Family friendly
You'll cover topics of surf sense, ocean awareness, board handling and the float plan. You will learn the proper stance, how to balance, how to get up, efficient paddling techniques, steering and how to turn around quickly. Once you have your balance, you’ll realize that stand-up paddling is a very pleasant way to tour the ocean.
This paddleboarding location is in one of the most idyllic spots on the west coast; La Jolla Cove and ecological preserve is a scenic and environmentally protected aquatic park with clear water and sweeping views of cliffs and caves. Keep your eyes open for the occasional sea lion, dolphin, garibaldi or sea bass.
Please note: SUP instructors are certified in CPR, first aid and lifesaving and the surf school is permitted by the City of San Diego.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
* Please check-in 30 minutes prior to departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Stand-Up Paddleboarding Lessons
- Use of paddleboard and rashguard
- SUP diploma
- 10% surcharge for the City of San Diego
- 20% VIP discount in the full-service surf shop
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wetsuit rental $6.60
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years old, children must be able to swim one lap unassisted across a 25-yard pool to partake in the surf lessons
- All participants under 18 must have parent sign Parental Consent Form
- Bring sunscreen, sweatshirt, swimsuit, towel, water, a light snack, hair ties and any other items you might need while at the beach
- Surfing while pregnant is highly discouraged
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.