Punta Cana Full-Day Dune Buggy Adventure to Lemon Lagoon Bay
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
With original VW engines and a stick-shift transmission, these vehicles have amazing speed and agility. Whether or not you choose to share the driving of your 4-person buggy with another party, you’ll enjoy an unbeatable adventure through 115 miles (190 km) of rugged interior in the Dominican Republic.
Start your journey by driving to Uvero Alto, a famous beach town on the northeast side of the island. From there, you'll head inland towards Nissibon, passing workers in the rice fields tending to their crops. On the way, stop at a typical Dominican colmado (grocery store) for a refreshing soft drink.
Then, steer through Playa La Vacama and drive approximately 9 miles (15 km) on a secluded, palm-fringed beach. Feel free to jump off your dune buggy and take a refreshing swim in the ocean to cool off! Afterward, drive over to Lemon Lagoon, where you'll be served a delicious lunch at the Hotel La Cueva.
You’ll have some free time to enjoy the hotel facilities before your guide leads your small group on a scenic, 10-minute horseback ride along the shore of the gorgeous beach. Afterward, jump back in your dune buggy and make your way to Zadanja for another stop at a colmado. Enjoy a soft drink, snack and quick visit with the locals before driving back to the Punta Cana area where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
Please note: dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift. No training is available and drivers must know how to drive a manual transmission.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers and you may be sharing yours with another party. However, everyone will take turns driving!
USD $158.99Pricing details
Private Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers but this option is if you want the dune buggy for just your party of 2. There will be more driving for you!
USD $178.99Pricing details
Punta Cana Full Day Dune Buggy Adventure to Laguna Limon
- Full-day dune buggy adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Horseback ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Maximum weight per buggy is 800 pounds
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 115 miles (190 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: CINDY N, February 2016
Great adventure and lots of fun. Great way to see the countryside.
Reviewed by: Tim V, July 2015
This was an EXCELLENT excursion! This was by far the best handled excursion we took the entire week, from beginning to end. This family owned business took care of everything! Transporttion, lunch, horsback riding....it all went extremely smooth! What a great excursion, this on is a must do!